Display vs Storage

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Red Hope
Targetmaster

Display vs Storage

Post by Red Hope »

Hey y'all, I was curious to hear how everybody handles their collections as far as whether you're displaying them, storing them, or a bit of both. I'm personally storing pretty much all of them. I'd rather display my TFs, but I don't even have one shelf in my room. lol

For those of you storing, how you go about that? Ziploc bags? Split the lines among boxes? I'm curious to see how other collectors do it and get some new ideas.

Cries and screams are music to my ears.
-Soundwave
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I have most of my Autobot Classics/Generations figures out on display above my computer desk, the 'Con Classics/Generations are displayed on a bookshelf next to my TV. The rest of my collection are stored in 2 large pull out totes under my bed.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

My collection consists of G1, CHUG, and ROTF figures. Those are all out on display normally but I am in the process of moving and have a few packed away but I will be waiting to pack the rest the day I actually move. I dont like to keep thing packed away since it seems when you do finally pull them out you always find something broken.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Jazz
City Commander

Post by Jazz »

I like to display mine. I used to store them, but then I started collecting more and more...
Jazz- Sub Commander, special ops leader, all around awesome bot.
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

I displayed all my collections all at once for a while but with all the variety and diversity among my collection I downsized. All of my 80s stuff like Bionic Six, Super Powers, and various others I have stored in bins and put up. I keep the current Transformers, DC Heroclix, and Masters of the Universe Classics on display.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Before I bought this house I was forced to keep my collection (transformers) inside dresser drawers either bagged up or in their boxes. The rest was out in the storage shed (g.i. joes) boxed up. Now that I've moved however, everything is out on display and without that "crowded" look. Keeping the newer stuff MOSC has helped keep the room from getting cluttered as I pin those to the wall in neat little rows.. :lol: I keep all the MI(S)B or loose stuff on an enormous bookshelf, glass display cabinet, 3 end tables and I'm fixing to hang a 4th shelf in here this weekend.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I have everything in display. My collection is relatively narrow and small, and I don't have many big figures, so I still can cope with all.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

i display them all. im not a mi(S)b collector so boxes are not an issue. I keep the more expensive ones behind glass or high up on shelving. speaking of that i got to build a few shelf and re-organize and get some pics lol

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

My room has these sweet built in shelves, as shown below. That's where I display mine. i really need to just sit down and put them all in robot mode...

Red Hope
Targetmaster

Post by Red Hope »

Hey y'all, sorry for the delayed reply since I started this thread. :oops: A little under the weather lately.

It sounds like a lot of y'all display. How you guys handle the dust situation? You dust them reguarly by sending your spouse in? :lol: Or just ignore that fact of life. I just keep thinking about that aspect if I display a lot or all of them. Phew.

I'm thinking about (when we move to the new house) getting just a shelf or two then rotating a few at time. I'd hate to be super nerd on the loose like the guy from the 40 Year Old Virgin movie. lol

-Soundwave
The Last Autobot
City Commander

Post by The Last Autobot »

Mine don't seem to gather dust, and some of them have been displayed in there for over a year...weird.
Dai Atlas
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Dai Atlas »

I dust mine weekly and it is no hassle because I change the scene every week. That's right I usually display mine in some kind of action sequence.
There's nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be.
-John Lennon
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I usually dust mine when Mrs. Roadbuster writes me messages in the dust..."Clean me!" "Please help!" "Wash me!"...or something of that nature. :lol:
Blaster
Targetmaster

Post by Blaster »

I do about half and half. I have six of my best on display (metorplex, hot rod, devastator, tracks, optimus, and bombshell) the others have a lot of small pieces and I keep them stored.
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

Roadbuster wrote:I usually dust mine when Mrs. Roadbuster writes me messages in the dust..."Clean me!" "Please help!" "Wash me!"...or something of that nature. :lol:
i got my marching orders when i picked up some new ones this weekend.

Organize and dust or else..............the unicron dust minions will kill them all off

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Red Hope
Targetmaster

Post by Red Hope »

lol! I don't have dust issues with those ziploc bags. I think I've decided once we move that I'll have two shelves put on the wall. That's all my TFs get... for now. They'll just have to take turns, sadly. :(

-Soundwave
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I have the majority of my figures on display in 2 display cabinets in my living room. My sweetheart GF is getting me a third one for Valentine's Day! :)

Unfortunately, I have about 100 micromasters in ziplock bags sitting next to the cabinets in a box. I didn't have the heart to force them into the case. - I moved about 3 months ago. When I went to put the figures back into the case - I couldn't get myself to cram them all in.

Soon they will all be on display in a nice fashion. :)
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

i'm working on a new video of my collection, so you will see the results in a couple weeks. its everything i got post g1
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice! Can't wait to see it bud! :wink:
Scrapper
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Scrapper »

I've two large shelves where I put some of my Transformers;all the remaining ones are stored in a drawer and in the closet.

I always keep Menasor,Bruticus and Constructicons team on the shelves because don't take up much space,all the other ones are rotated .
For the dust,it takes several time to cover them...anyway I dust them off every 3/4 weeks usually.