Human Alliance Thoughts & Possible Prediction

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Would you buy a Human Alliance GI Joe Cross Over Figure?

No
17%
Yes, if it is original Joe & Transformers characters only.
83%
Yes, if it crosses over to another genre (Not GI Joe - comment below).
No votes
Yes, any series (GI Joe or not).
No votes

Total votes: 6

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Human Alliance Thoughts & Possible Prediction

Post by Countdown »

Truth be told, I am not a big movieverse fan. I appreciate the movieverse in a special way since it reintroduced me to this great past time. Yet, I don't appreciate the figures themselves to any great extent (hence I sold off nearly all of my movieverse figures except for about 3 or 4).

However I am extremely intrigued on the Human Alliance series of figures that is currently in the Movie Verse (not enough to buy one of them, however). I am intrigued in their future potential.

What has been going through my head the last couple weeks was what if Hasbro made Human Alliance GI Joe Crossover figures. Link up Cobra Commander in a Hiss Tank. Or, the Baroness in a Bubble (thingy that flys that I can't remember the proper name of). These are the types of Human Alliance figures that I would be extremely interested in. And, since it would include a regular Joe figure, they could tack on $8-10 (whatever a joe figure normally sells for new in retail). This could be profitable for Hasbro and very good for Generation 1 fans (since a lot of them probably grew up with GI Joe - Like I did).

Thoughts? Comments? Is this already in the works and I am the last one to know?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I could see that working with a larger scale Alternators lineup. It would be hard to single out a particular vehicle for major characters like those. Hiss Tanks were driven "mostly" by Hiss Tank Commanders. Cobra Flight Pods (or "Trouble Bubbles") were flown by Cobra Vipers for the majority. Some of the other vehicles had unique characters that outfitted them like Copperhead/Water Moccasin, Wolverine/Cover Girl, exc..exc..But I would like to see it happen for sure. Just not with transforming G.I. Joe vehicles.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

NOT with transforming GI Joe vehicles? I've had an ARAH H.A.V.O.C. sitting around waiting for a tread cover for sale through TFL-North, and I've been transforming it constantly in my mind. I think a TF-Joe crossover would be great, ESPECIALLY if they transformerfied original Joe vehicles (though the Cobra Flight Pod (Trubble Bubble) would be difficult, since it's kinda skinny). As for the transforming HISS Tank being driven by a human alliance HISS tank driver, I don't remember Skystrikers being piloted by Cobra Commander, but look at this year's SDCC exclusive. Also, it would provide a great platform for more faction-equitable representation in the HA series, since the movieverse doesn't include much in the way of evil humans.
Frenzy? Not even a human! Sergeant CHAOS? Really? What about Corporal Anarchy and Lieutenant Angst?
Frankly, it wouldn't make much difference if all the transforming Joe vehicles were original TF characters... Though Jetfire/Skystriker would be an easy grab, and Night Raven S3P would make one HELL of a Cyclonus.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I've been thinking about it more. And, I completely agree that the characters wouldn't matter so much. Just as long as the transformers were painted/colored like Joe vehicles.

I've been on such a binge with classics. Can you imagine how poor I'd be if they had GI Joe Crossover Transformers? Especially if they looked like the Joe vehicles I played w/ as a kid? Man, would I be poor. I'd own them all.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Poor is a subjective state. You'd be rich with joy and XOvers.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Very well put!
Dirge
Decepticon Seeker
Location: Drinking pineapple juice while repairing the nemesis!!!

Post by Dirge »

Time Traveller wrote:Poor is a subjective state. You'd be rich with joy and XOvers.
the guru of toys has spoken ....

OOOOOOOOOHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
:lol:
Bumblebee
Espionage Recon Leader

Post by Bumblebee »

They could do what they did with starwars and marvel. Where cobra commander could be the a-10 worthog duke a skystriker destro make a bass @ss hiss lol just a thought.

To know others you must know yourself first!

The bigger they are the bigger thud they make when they fall!!!

http://www.transformerland.com/forum/vi ... 9520#89520
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Hmmm....now that I've had a few days to mull it over I guess it would be pretty cool to see original ARAH Joe vehicles used in the crossover line. But only if they went all out and wasn't concerned over shelf space. I'd fork out crazy money for a fully transformable U.S.S Flagg or Defiant. Of course, crazy money is what they would charge for those too. :lol:
Blackjack
Risky Gamblebot

Post by Blackjack »

Also, it would provide a great platform for more faction-equitable representation in the HA series, since the movieverse doesn't include much in the way of evil humans.
Frenzy? Not even a human! Sergeant CHAOS? Really? What about Corporal Anarchy and Lieutenant Angst?
You know very well that it should be Corporal Punishment and General Mayhem. They could just start including evil humans in the movies since they seem to want to make the movies more about humans than TFs.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

@Dirge:
I was going to accuse you of not letting that go, but my post in the "should i buy alternators thread" kinda came back to our discussion too. :P

@Blackjack:
Don't forget Major Pain!

Also, do we not need a GI Joe TF crossover of Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann? I think so....not....that we.....do not not....
DAMNIT JUST MAKE ONE!