PRIMES TRAILER

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

GPrime2011
Targetmaster

PRIMES TRAILER

Post by GPrime2011 »

Simple question.

I got old of a bulk lot of figures, and in it I have a trailer for Optimus Prime, now its exactly the same design as the Regular G1 Prime only its got lighter blue components.....thats the only difference.

It has just TAKARA stamped on the underside. Is this an earlier version or a reissue.......or have I stumbled on the Transformer equivilent of Gold Dust???

:)
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Check out this link:
http://www.oocities.org/futuristgroup/vprime.html
...and scroll down until you get to "The 'blue' Gen1 Prime". There's also a bit more information inf you scroll down even further.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Just had to look at this again to find out what my own version of Prime is.....its amazing how many different versions I have. Mine can hold his gun straight cos he has different molded fists., and it aint the bloated varient, which suggests 'Movie Prime' but has a 'T' stamped in the Trailer hole which contradicts that............well its says Takara 1980-82 Japan in the date stamp so at least its an original of a kind........confusing to say the least!. lol
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The very early trailer should just say Takara, no year or country. Besides, it has to have slots on the sides to fit the metal part to get the Diaclone drivers sticked to it.

Yours sound more like a "transitional" version, as Primes turned to purple.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl