KO Monstructor/Dinoking

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

KO Monstructor/Dinoking

Post by Dinobot »

I took some pics of this new ko that I decided to get just because it was cheap. I wanted a dinoking, but definately cant afford one. This thing is massive, so now im trying to decide if I want to paint him like my G1 monstructor, or go ahead and do a dinoking. Here are the pics as well as size comparisons:
R.I.P. Menasor
Cliffjumper
Cybertronian Cowboy

Post by Cliffjumper »

very cool! is the plastic cheap quality...?

"Look at Megatron. I'm gonna blast that smile off his faceplate".
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

The quality of the plastic really isnt all that bad from what I can tell so far. The hands didnt want to stay in very well at first, but a little dab of super glue in the hand track really helped out, so they dont just fall out.
R.I.P. Menasor
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Sometimes you just have to give up. I don't think too many people can afford a real Mona Lisa, so most have to enjoy it through a reproduction. Same can apply with a toy.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

It looks great. I'm a bigger Dinoking fan than Monstructor. Paint it however you want to paint it. Just be sure to show us some after pictures!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Shattered Glass Monstructor! and/or Shattered Plastic Dinoking!

i'm having a hard time figuring out how to say what i'm thinking. i'm tempted to say i prefer the larger figure, despite its colors and despite the fact that it isn't a genuine TF, because its size seems to match the G1 gestalts better. (i'm assuming you used an authentic G1 Defensor in your photo, not another knockoff.) Its larger size being the preferred size, i would then recommend it being painted as whichever character you like better. However, i would also advocate the idea of having both characters represented in your collection, rather than having two representations of a single character. These goals may or may not conflict with each other, depending on whether you prefer Monstructor or Dinoking. (i want to make a joke about painting the fake as Monstructor and then painting the authentic Monstructor as a fake Dinoking, but i've got nothin'.)
Jose wrote:Sometimes you just have to give up. I don't think too many people can afford a real Mona Lisa, so most have to enjoy it through a reproduction. Same can apply with a toy.
Excellent metaphor, Jose! But does that mean you think i should forget about my plan to build a time machine, travel back to the Renaissance, clone Leonardo da Vinci, and set his clones to the task of mass producing Pretender Monsters and Dinoforce figures?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I guess painting it as monstructor wouldnt make a whole lot of sense, and that is a G1 defensor. I do like the joke about painting the g1 monstructor as dinoking lol. Good stuff :lol:
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

That's a pretty cool figure. Perhaps you should just leave it as it is, obnoxious colors and all? :)
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

transit wrote:(...)

Excellent metaphor, Jose! But does that mean you think i should forget about my plan to build a time machine, travel back to the Renaissance, clone Leonardo da Vinci, and set his clones to the task of mass producing Pretender Monsters and Dinoforce figures?
The only thing you have to consider if you make a time machine, is not to destroy the time continuum, and I will notice if you happen to appear on my door withing 5 seconds from now on... (looks like you didn't).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl