G1 cartoon Fumble (well, this MIGHT be Toy Talk)

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Rhymus
City Commander

G1 cartoon Fumble (well, this MIGHT be Toy Talk)

Post by Rhymus »

In "More Than Meets The Eye" (the three-episode series premiere of the G1 cartoon), the animators used a lot of generics to fill in Decepticon crowd scenes, most notably Seekers, Reflector-lookalikes, and--the reason for this thread--duplicates of the Rumble/Frenzy character model in a variety of different colors.

So--even ignoring the whole RIBFIR/FIBRIR debate--how is it that the animators failed to use ANY toy-accurate color schemes? They didn't use G1 toy Rumble's deco, they didn't use G1 toy Frenzy's deco, and they didn't use Microman/Microchange pre-Enemy's deco.

i think somebody dropped the ball.

Fumble!
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Probably they weren't confident if it was going to suceed! Toys existed before the TF franchise.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I am not one to give up very easily. However, I have given up a long time ago in understanding who is who when it comes to those two!
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Funnily enuff I always thought Frenzy was the blue one in the cartoons...its only recently when I started collecting that I relised that it was the other way around..........damn I was dum! lol
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

GPrime2011 wrote:Funnily enuff I always thought Frenzy was the blue one in the cartoons...its only recently when I started collecting that I relised that it was the other way around..........damn I was dum! lol
Not dumb--insufficiently educated! You just need to watch more Transformers cartoons, that's all! Get started ASAP! ;-)
Countdown wrote:I am not one to give up very easily. However, I have given up a long time ago in understanding who is who when it comes to those two!
A long time ago i remember reading online... not a fanfic, but someone talking about a fanfic, i think... They said Rumble and Frenzy would repaint themselves to confuse their enemies.
Jose wrote:Probably they weren't confident if it was going to suceed! Toys existed before the TF franchise.
But that's exactly my point, Jose! Why didn't they just color the TF characters like the Diaclone/Microman/whatever toys they were based on?

You know what else? With all the reissues and redecos Hasbro/TakaraTomy sell, why hasn't there ever been an official cartoon-colored G1 Rumble toy?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

transit wrote:
GPrime2011 wrote:Funnily enuff I always thought Frenzy was the blue one in the cartoons...its only recently when I started collecting that I relised that it was the other way around..........damn I was dum! lol
Not dumb--insufficiently educated! You just need to watch more Transformers cartoons, that's all! Get started ASAP! ;-)

Too right I was bud! lol. Clearly in my childhood I spent too much time doing my school homework when I should've been watching Transformers! lmao!!
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Re: G1 cartoon Fumble (well, this MIGHT be Toy Talk)

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

transit wrote:i think somebody dropped the ball.
!
I've always felt that it was deliberately changed.
transit wrote:You know what else? With all the reissues and redecos Hasbro/TakaraTomy sell, why hasn't there ever been an official cartoon-colored G1 Rumble toy?
Actually, every Takara Rumble is G1 toon accurate.....that is Japanese G1 toon.

In Japan, Rumblee was always the red one.
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

[fakes a glare at sto_vo_kor_2000] You know what i mean.

Also: "Rumblee"? Like, "He's not rumbling, he's just a little rumbly." ;-)

And you know what else? According to http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Enemy_%28G1%29 there's an upcoming Encore of the Rumble/Frenzy mold--still not colored like G1 US cartoon Rumble.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

While they are at releasing molds - why don't they release the Generations/RTS/Whateverthehecktheyarecallingitnow Frenzy and Rumble figures? Too get those two I have to pay well over $50. It's nuts. Just release them already. It's bad enough I gave in to temptation on Windcharger.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:While they are at releasing molds - why don't they release the Generations/RTS/Whateverthehecktheyarecallingitnow Frenzy and Rumble figures? Too get those two I have to pay well over $50. It's nuts. Just release them already. It's bad enough I gave in to temptation on Windcharger.
I'm with you there. For some reason I can't pull the trigger to get the United Frenzy/Rumble 2 pack (@$74.99). That seems a bit much considering they're asking Voyager prices for 2 Scout Class figures. :roll: I don't know....paid a few dollars more ($80) for 3 Scout Class figures: PE-11 Reflector, but for some reason that purchase seemed worth it. Just my opinion.
sto_vo_kor_2000
Alternator

Post by sto_vo_kor_2000 »

transit wrote:[fakes a glare at sto_vo_kor_2000] You know what i mean.

Also: "Rumblee"? Like, "He's not rumbling, he's just a little rumbly." ;-)

And you know what else? According to http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Enemy_%28G1%29 there's an upcoming Encore of the Rumble/Frenzy mold--still not colored like G1 US cartoon Rumble.
typo, sorry

and I know what you mean, but I dont see why you would expect any of the takara releases to be "US TOON ACCURATE",
Today is a good day to die.....but the day is not yet over!
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Ah. i do have a tendency to overlook when toys are only available in certain regions when similar toys are (or have been) available elsewhere. i get Encores and Reissues and exclusives confused, sometimes, among other confusions.

[really bad fake Asian accent] Confusions say, "Who is this Confucius guy you keep talking about?" [/accent]
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

Yeah and bluestreak is silver?? In the main toyline and cartoon.now they seem to fess up and silverstreak is his name now.....too funny. Starscreamgira
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

starscreamgira wrote:Yeah and bluestreak is silver?? In the main toyline and cartoon.now they seem to fess up and silverstreak is his name now.....too funny. Starscreamgira
Relevant reposting: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.c ... s-99056410
(click the image to view it full size)