Love and Devastator

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

JoePerry
Throttlebot

Love and Devastator

Post by JoePerry »

In winter of 2002, I was visiting this girl I had been dating for a couple months. We were at her parent's house in Maine and got snowed in. Looking for something to do, my girlfriend suggested that I find a board game from the closet to play. I opened the closet and poked around the typical white suburban game options when my heart jumped out of my chest. In with the games, was a Devastator box. Devastator was one of those toys that I desperately wanted as a kid but my parents couldn't afford him. I'd been tempted over and over again to buy one, but my toy budget was limited at the time.

ANYWAY, I shakily retrieved Devastator from the closet and saw that he was complete with most spruces not even broken. One end of the box sticking out into the closet had flap damage, but other than that the set appeared unplayed with. I asked my girlfriend all about him; he might have belonged to her older brother who was into hockey and not toys. I began to plead my case for Devastator, but she was reluctant to part with something - that was clearly important from my reaction - to a guy she had only been dating a few months and she had no way to get in touch with her estranged brother to ask him if he wanted it...

I persisted as Winter turned into Spring, and even bribed her best friend into helping me rescue this treasure from a closet (that could be cleaned out any day!). I resorted to blackmail and ultimatums, but she wouldn't budge her tight little fists. Finally, on my 22nd birthday, Amy gave me Devastator wrapped up as a gift. The rocky period of our relationship over, Devastator kept us together, and we celebrated our fourth year of marriage today.

Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Aw, that's a cute story. :) Congratulations to you both!
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

awesome, youre a lucky man. Cool wife, cool toys. Looks like you have a winner. :D
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Now that's a happy ending (& beginning & middle)!
JoePerry
Throttlebot

Post by JoePerry »

Thanks, guys!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Now that's a great ominous gift! Well done!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Awesome story bro'! And congratulations on your 4 year anniversary! :wink:
coldascrystal
Throttlebot

Post by coldascrystal »

wow amazing and inspirational