G1 Collection Update.

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Looking good! :wink:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Very impressive GPrime2011. You have many a G1 figure that I would love to own.

I also like how you took individual photos. I wish I would do that, but I don't have the patience since I would want to tinker with the posing of each one, the lighting, cropping, and mild editing. Just fantastic. Thank you for sharing.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Nice pics :)
PETER IS GOD!Image
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

I couldnt be bothered with lighting and imagery stuff, just a white sheet of hard board and a decent digital camera was enough for me, Took a while to get through them all as well.......and my fingers like hell ached afterwards. :(
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Still, regardless of the aches and pains you suffered, your collection pictures are great.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

No pain no gain eh.......Its all about patience, keeping a look out for decent examples of figures (and baragins ;) ) and a alot of Geeky passion!! lol
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Update

Post by GPrime2011 »

A few new additions.

Powermaster Prime, Ratbat, A fresh Buzzsaw with nicer weopens. Outback, Cosmos, Pipes and Swerve.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice pick ups! I still need to get myself a Powermaster Prime one day...... :D
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Have to say the large PM Prime figure is a bit of a brick.....sometimes wonder if Hasbro could've done a better job.......but hey thats the way it was I guess.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

[jealous]

VERY nice collection, GPrime2011--thanks for sharing. (Have a session in the CR chamber on me for your aching photographer fingers.) i only took a quick glance at the thumbnails, but each figure seems to be very complete, and in good condition--and you've only been collecting for a few years, so it's not like you had these as a kid and just took good care of them. (i have most of my childhood collection, and i think i always treated my toys fairly well--but i also got many of them used, and incomplete and/or broken.) So that's impressive, to say nothing of the pretty penny (shiny Shanix?) you must have forked over to put that lot together. i'll have to take a closer look later to see if you really have all the cartoon cast except the Throttlebots.

Speaking of, i don't understand what motivates collectors to collect pieces they don't care for--even though i've been guilty of doing that myself! In my case, it's at least partly a case of "a bird in hand is worth two in the bush"--but when people collect the figures they want first, and then go after ones they don't want...? Why go after them at all?

While we're on the subject of going after things, where did you get those Ironhide and Ratchet upgrades? Those are neat! [tries and fails to produce a worthwhile joke about making Ironhide and Ratchet into Headmasters]
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Cheers mate, the 1984 line is complete and the 1985 line is 75% or something like that. I'm trying to go year by year but not strictly sticking to it. Most of them are complete and as good condition as possible, for 20+ year old toys.

The irony is, from the 'childhood' collection I had a good few headmasters and targetmasters, including Scorponok and both Horrocons....They were mostly in nice condition and with Scorponok being complete so I'm kicking myself for letting them all go, I had a few throttlebots the Stunticons and a few Seacons and Technobots. Rodimus Prime, Galvatron and Ultra Magnus, a seriously beat up Optimus Prime amongst others i cant recall, but I needed the money at the time...so thats life I guess....its the spending of the money to achieve this that makes it more satisfying....eles I would just be keeping my mums old christmas/birthday presents to me wouldnt I. :)

The Ironhide/Ratchet head gears are from - www.gear4toys.com -
I bought mine off Amazon. :) They are pretty cool, they're not the most secure attachment but for display purpose they're wicked.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Small update, a few minibots and Blitwing. A few have disappeared as I had to make money for crimbo!...but they'll be back!
Dsmonty
Decoy

Post by Dsmonty »

wow, awesome collection, makes for an impressive display, I didn't realize until i found this site that there were that many cassette tapes.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

More to come. :) Watch this space.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I used to have a reissue Powermaster Prime. I unfortunately lost that figure along with like 75% of my collection a few years ago moving.. I used to have a good chunk of RiD, Armada and Energon figures with a couple G1's..
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Unfortunatly I had to sell a whole load to make some money quickly. Which meant the demise of the Autobot Cars. :( But they'll be back soon, there are a few new faces in here now thought. Redone it with new pictures. :)

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j41 ... ON%20PICS/
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Update, update, update

Post by GPrime2011 »

All 5 Dinobots are now present. PM Prime is back and a couple of Movie Figures too along with Deluxe 2011 Warpath :)

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j41 ... ON%20PICS/
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice! Keep it up, GPrime!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nice collection so far, GPrime! :)
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

:)

Post by GPrime2011 »

Just need to get back all those Autobot Cars I had to sell in an emergency, :( they're next on the agenda :)

For the record I am after the following. I wont bore you with reasons for selection etc etc.

TRACKS
RED ALERT
BLUESTREAK
IRONHIDE
PROWL
MIRAGE
HOUND
SIDESWIPE
PROWL
WHEELJACK
JAZZ
SKIDS
SMOKESCREEN
RATCHET
SUNSTREAKER
TRAILBREAKER
GRAPPLE
HOIST
JETFIRE
SHOCKWAVE
HOT ROD
KUP
BLURR
SPRINGER
SANDSTORM
CYCLONUS
DEFENSOR
SUPERION
MENASOR
BRUTICUS
COMPUTRON
ABOMINUS
DREADWIND
POINTBLANK
SURESHOT
CROSSHAIRS
CHROMEDOME
HARDHEAD
BRAINSTORM
HIGHBROW
SCORPONOK
WIERDWOLF
MINDWIPE
SKULLCRUNCHER
APEFACE
SNAPDRAGON
MISFIRE
SLUGSLINGER
OVERLOAD
RESCUE PATROL
OFF ROAD PATROL
BATTLE PATROL
SPORTS CAR PATROL
AIR STRIKE PATROL
MILITARY PATROL
RACE TRACK PATROL
GREASEPIT
AIRWAVE

Metal Varients wherever relevant. If anyone wants to help me out here then you're welcome. :)