G1 Collection Update.

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

GPrime2011
Targetmaster

G1 Collection Update.

Post by GPrime2011 »

Ok not much has changed, but just thought I would post a link to my G1 and others gallery, :)

All figures here (unless stated otherwise) are complete with accessories you'll see the full Autobot Car 1984/85 set and All seven Seekers with Megatron Soundwave and cassettes, most are in very good condition i've worked really hard to make this the best colleciton of Transformer figures possible, mostly G1 but theres a few extras on the end. :) Best viewed as a slideshow....

Follow this link:

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j41 ... ON%20PICS/
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Dude you have a nice collection. I wish my G1 collection looked like that. :twisted:
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Damn nice collection you have there, GPrime! 8) How long have you been collecting?
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

About 2 years now. Still got a long way to go tho. Theres a few figures there due an 'upgrade' as in to be replaced with a better condition figure. A Dinobot and another cassette should sooon be making an appearence :)
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Well you're off to a nice start! I've only been at it for 4 years, myself. :wink:
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

I'm very proud of it so far.....

The essential target is, the first two years 1984/1985 completed, all as mintish as possible, intact and complete...so nearly done there. More will follow, a few Head/Targetmasters and any thing else that takes my fancy ;)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

GPrime2011 wrote:I'm very proud of it so far.....

The essential target is, the first two years 1984/1985 completed, all as mintish as possible, intact and complete...so nearly done there. More will follow, a few Head/Targetmasters and any thing else that takes my fancy ;)
I collected G1's by Seasons. Told myself I was going to stop at the '86 movie because I didn't really care for the futuristic alt modes and pastel color schemes. But eventually I got bored and carried on. Now I just need the Throttlebots to have all the characters that appeared in the cartoon. Just not a big fan of the Throttlebots...lol :lol:
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

:)

Post by GPrime2011 »

Ahh I had a batch of nice Throttlebots a couple months ago. Sold em off now sadly, else could've struck a deal wiv ya.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

GPrime2011 wrote:I'm very proud of it so far.....

You should definitely be proud of your collection, it looks great!
Are you aiming for a complete G1 collection or are you only getting the figures you like?
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

quote]

You should definitely be proud of your collection, it looks great!
Are you aiming for a complete G1 collection or are you only getting the figures you like?[/quote]

Hi Minerva, I'm generally getting the complete 1984/85 lines, mostly cos I regard them the best of G1. I've finished 1984 now. of 1985 I'm on for the minibots, Dinobots, the two triplechangers and Shockwave and Jetfire. Not gonna worry about Jumpstarters or them Deluxe figures.

After that its pretty much figures that I like the look of, hence Sixshots presence, he may be a brick but he looks awesome!.... :) I'll probably aim for a figure or two that represents a particular line. Like a couple of Target/Head/Powermasters

Maybe a Pretender (Even though I hate them).............

Who knows. :)
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Your figures look really nice and I agree with you regarding Sixshot: he is a bit of a brick, but he's really cool! I should get one myself one of these days...
Anyway, good luck adding to your collection! :)
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

I aim to keep hold of these and look after them for about another 25yrs....then get them valued!! wonder how much they'll be worth by then...

Not sure how much this lot is worth but it must around the £1000 mark at least...
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

GPrime2011 wrote: I'm generally getting the complete 1984/85 lines, mostly cos I regard them the best of G1. I've finished 1984 now. of 1985 I'm on for the minibots, Dinobots, the two triplechangers and Shockwave and Jetfire. Not gonna worry about Jumpstarters or them Deluxe figures.
I grabbed all 5 dinobots in the same auction (just the figures) and caught hell completing them all later on. As for Jetfire (one of my faves) you want to get him as complete as possible also. That gunclip alone can fetch $20-$25. While Shockwave doesn't have a lot of parts there are a lot of key issues to look out for....like the shoulders/forearms separating, broken crotches, snapped off laser arms, deteriorating hose, exc...just make sure he comes with an unbroken battery cover or you'll be handing out $55 or so just for that piece alone.
GPrime2011 wrote:I aim to keep hold of these and look after them for about another 25yrs....then get them valued!! wonder how much they'll be worth by then...

Not sure how much this lot is worth but it must around the £1000 mark at least...
I think we might be in the peak echelon right now as far as G1 value is concerned with all the reissues, ko's, exc...out right now. The market is pretty flooded. But I could be wrong and only time will tell. I'm holding on to mine for nostalgic reasons and if I sell one day at a loss then I'll just have to deal with that when that time comes. You never know...I see the more articulated Masterpieces, CHUGs and 3rd party representations (believe it or not) as the more upscale value transformers in the next 5-15 years. But hell, even that could change.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Yeah I found that problem with lots of figures, at first I brought the figure only then tried to get hold of the accessories over time which caused me no end of bother. Much better off waiting until you can get a complete one. (nabbed a mint complete Swoop off Transformerland this month) minute i saw him I bought him!

i did have a complete (and white!) Jetfire at one time but I sold him......wish i hadnt now.

You never know what it'll be like in 25yrs times with toys like this.....as you can see at the end of the slideshow that I have a Masterpiece Skywarp and a few movie figures... ;) just in case :)

Maybe in the far away future in the year 2020 some guy collecting the figures from all six live action Transformer films, will see this lot and think it would be cool to have the old classics and make me an offer I cant refuse...........dreaming now I know!! lol
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Dinobot no.1 ahs now joined the collection, he looks awesome.. SWOOP
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Congrats! Swoop is an awesome figure! 8)
Blaster
Targetmaster

Post by Blaster »

I started my collection two years ago. Saw Buzzsaw at a fleamarket for 3$ and had to get him. I always wanted the cassettes when I was a kid. then started trying to finish the cassettes followed by devastator. Still haven't finished to cassettes but Devastator is done. After that it was just random but I am trying to stick to collecting by chapters of the book by Mark Bellomo. It goes by when they were released.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

:)

Post by GPrime2011 »

Its strange how this lot started. I got hold of all my Transformers that I had as a kid from my mothers attic about 4 years ago. And decided to flog them on ebay....kicking myself now cos I sold them waaaay too cheaply and didnt understand the value. Mostly i had complete headmasters and targetmasters including Scorponok, all in pretty good nic too.

Then I got a bit nostalgic,, I looked a Transformerland and decided to collect 'Just a few' mainly Devastator as I never had him. Of course it didnt stop and carried on, to keep the cost down I went at first for figure only but since decided to get complete figures and now understanding the value of such a thing, started taking the collecition a little more seriously.

Funnily enough most of the figures here are not the 'first' figure to pass my way, as I have tried to find better condition and complete figures. Selling the old one and replacing for the better one, 'Upgrading' I call it.
Some have been replaced 5 times over! lol.

Eg:
Wheeljack 1 just the figure, a bit yellowy, sold for....
Complete Wheeljack, nice accessoires, figure a little loose and tatty sold just the figure for........
the nice clean white one you see now. :)
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Three Dinobots

Post by GPrime2011 »

Grimlock, Snarl and Swoop have joined the gallery now, a few have disapeared for various reasons but will be back.

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j41 ... ON%20PICS/
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Looking good, keep up the good work! ;)