Optimus prime, how to tell the version

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

mfzandstra
Noob

Optimus prime, how to tell the version

Post by mfzandstra »

Hi all, I was wondering if someone here has a guide to find out which optimus G1 version I have and if it's an original one. I'm currently fixing (repainting and etc) one and am wondering how I can spot this.

I read somewhere that most original transformers should have note with takara or hasbo on them somewhere, including a year and made in ...
On my optimus, I can't spot this anywhere... Any ideas?

Is there some sort of archive of this kind of info? Would be great to know where to look for future buyings...
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

Here you go, this will tell you everything you need to know. http://www.fredsworkshop.com/frames.html

BTW welcome to the site. If you can post some pics of your collection and maybe the Optimus you are repairing,
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
mfzandstra
Noob

Hm, helps somewhat

Post by mfzandstra »

Nice guide you referenced to, but it appears to be somewhat short. I'm missing the optimus with red feet or the optimus with grey hands (next to the normal blue ones or the bloated hands, there are also grey hands).

I'll post some images of my somewhat damaged and optimus later on. Need to find a place to post the images first :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I forgot all about Fred's Workshop. Good resource!

Welcome to the forums mfzandstra! It's a great place to be. Stick around. :)
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Re: Hm, helps somewhat

Post by skywarp408 »

mfzandstra wrote:Nice guide you referenced to, but it appears to be somewhat short. I'm missing the optimus with red feet or the optimus with grey hands (next to the normal blue ones or the bloated hands, there are also grey hands).

I'll post some images of my somewhat damaged and optimus later on. Need to find a place to post the images first :)
The red feet version is a French version. I wouldn't worry about it, it's rare.

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/eurous/red ... plate.html
PETER IS GOD!Image
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Optimus' cab has no stamps. All came in the trailers. Beware with those which say "France", they have been used for those unlicensed versions. Pictures can help.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
mfzandstra
Noob

Post by mfzandstra »

Well here are a few images (optimus is missing an exhaustion pipe, since I'm repainting it);

head and front

cabin front

feet

back

Don't know if this is the proper way to post images... :)
Hope they turn okay after posting...
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

It seems legit. It's got enough wear on it.
PETER IS GOD!Image
mfzandstra
Noob

Post by mfzandstra »

I even got rid of some of the wear... repainted the horns on the top of the cabin.

What does make me wonder though; on the top of the head it silver lined with blue in between. Most pictures I found, that part is completely silver. It could be wear, but it looks like it always was like that.