g1 bluestreak

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

starscreamgira
Minispy

g1 bluestreak

Post by starscreamgira »

Has anybody ever seen a blue colored g1 bluestreak really? Please share your story. Starscreamgira...
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Yep. Diaclone Bluestreak. I'd love to have one myself. :)
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

Wow....I always wondered if the figure pictured in the 84 catalog existed,but remember seeing one on ebay with the box once but they wanted I think almost 2000 for it,and wondered if it was legit........starscreamgira
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

starscreamgira wrote:but remember seeing one on ebay with the box once but they wanted I think almost 2000 for it,and wondered if it was legit........starscreamgira
I'd only pay that much for an AFA'ed MIB one. But they are rare and will run you a lot more than Hasbros Silverstreak.
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

Yeah that's what made me question it more being that much.....if you ever run into any omega supremes or any other 84, 85 series autobot cars I have stuff to trade like misb micromaster greasepit, mib flywheels...stuff like that...maybe I can get some pics up here soon....starscreamgira
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

But also let me not get into for sale trade stuff...I don't want to upset fembot....lol
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Misconceptions_a ... neration_1 and http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bluestreak_%28G1%29 give me the impression that Bluestreak was never available in blue during the G1 toyline, although Transformers' predecessor toyline Diaclone used the mold which would later be used for G1 Bluestreak, and one of the Diaclone color schemes was blue.

What Roadbuster said in this thread sounds to me like there was a blue Bluestreak, actually released as a Hasbro/Takara product labeled as part of the Transformers toyline. (Ironically, this toy was sold as Silverstreak. ;-) ) Roadbuster, do i misunderstand you, or do you mean to say that TFWiki.net is mistaken?

i wonder what would be a fair price (compared to the price of a loose G1 Bluestreak in good condition, a loose blue Datsun Fairlady Z Diaclone in good condition, or either toy in its unopened original packaging) for a blue Datsun Fairlady-Z Diaclone in good condition packaged in a G1 Bluestreak box. That is to say, if it was not a scam, but merely a kind of custom-made novelty item, and clearly and honestly advertised as being such.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

Well it makes me wonder if they just used the diaclone variant for the picture in the 84 catalog? When I saw the ebay item it was with a usa box. And it appeared unopened...starscreamgira
How do you feel mighty megatron??
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

transit wrote:What Roadbuster said in this thread sounds to me like there was a blue Bluestreak, actually released as a Hasbro/Takara product labeled as part of the Transformers toyline. (Ironically, this toy was sold as Silverstreak. ;-) ) Roadbuster, do i misunderstand you, or do you mean to say that TFWiki.net is mistaken?
Takara were the manufacturers of Microman/Diaclone in the 70's-80's so they produced the Diaclone "blue" Bluestreak. When Hasbro purchased the rights to the characters, toys, exc....they opted not to use certain color variations from the Diaclone toyline (like Red Sunstreaker).
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The Blue Bluestreak never came packaged as a Transformer. That color was standard for the Diaclone line, but it's very rare. And because it was used as a color trial for the Transformer series, it's very desireable. You have to be very careful with fakes out there.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

How do you know then to spot fakes of the diaclone line? Or what do you look for in the variants they had.I do know that alot of them were based on the 1980 line....starscreamgira :D
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i'm not sure if i'm misunderstanding starscreamgira or if starscreamgira is misunderstanding us. i think it would help if we stopped referring to the Diaclone as "Bluestreak"--the toy was only Bluestreak as a Transformer, and the blue version of that mold was never used as a Transformer (so, it was never Bluestreak). That's what i thought, and Roadbuster and Jose both confirm it.

starscreamgira, i'm not sure about the questions in your last post. Are you asking how to recognize a fake Diaclone, or how to recognize a Diaclone as a fake Transformer? If the colors are wrong, it's probably not an authentic Transformer--although there are also a lot of authentic Transformers toys which are simply recolored versions of earlier authentic Transformers (such as the original Skywarp and Generation 2 Starscream, both recolored from the original Starscream). See also Jose's reply to some questions i asked about Diaclones.

Another thing, starscreamgira: i wasn't sure if you saw this in the other thread where i posted it.
i wrote:
starscreamgira wrote:Yeah and bluestreak is silver?? In the main toyline and cartoon.now they seem to fess up and silverstreak is his name now.....too funny. Starscreamgira
Relevant reposting: http://transformers-mosaic.deviantart.c ... s-99056410
(click the image to view it full size)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

I thought I was clear....sorry but I was referring how you know if it is a vintage diaclone or a fake...like what do you look for.....and I didn't know it wasn't named bluestreak...but since it's the same figure it should make it easier to ask my question....thanx starscreamgira...also thanx for the link?
Jose

Post by Jose »

When it comes to the standard Datsun 280ZX (or Bluestreak), the Diaclone colors were never issued as Transformers, and them are - blue/silver, and silver/black. All silver, is a Transformers.

The trick is when only a few labels which you can peel make the difference (Prowl and Bluestreak for the Datsun 280ZX). Diaclones are before Transformers, so they sport the early castings. The first and easiest hint is in the foot (date stamp). A Diaclone should say "Takara" into a circle. A "made in Japan" plus something is a Transformer. Also I remember they reinforced the rear windows, but my memory now isn't clear to tell the exact difference. Accesories are also different, but they are removable and can be mixed, so I prefer to pack them apart.

With other pre TFs are variations too, but we have to take case by case.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Jose, are you not counting e-Hobby's exclusive "Streak"? in G1-show-accurate Diaclone silver/black.

i'm also not sure what you meant about peeling labels. Do you mean the best way to tell the difference between a Diaclone and a TF (if the colors match) is to peel back the stickers and find "Takara" or "made in Japan" molded onto the toy? (If that's what you're saying, i think i'd rather not know! instead of risking damage to the stickers.)
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

Thank all of you for the info....starscreamgira :)
Jose

Post by Jose »

transit wrote:Jose, are you not counting e-Hobby's exclusive "Streak"? in G1-show-accurate Diaclone silver/black.

i'm also not sure what you meant about peeling labels. Do you mean the best way to tell the difference between a Diaclone and a TF (if the colors match) is to peel back the stickers and find "Takara" or "made in Japan" molded onto the toy? (If that's what you're saying, i think i'd rather not know! instead of risking damage to the stickers.)
1. I left eHobby Streak out.

2. By peeling stickers I meant figures which only a couple of labels make the difference: Smokescreen, Prowl, to name a few. Diaclone Smokescreen has "Datsun" on the front and sides; Diaclone Prowl had a few extras which had the prefecture of the police car (Tokyo, Sapporo Patrol, etc.). It's not a big effort to peel them off or apply reproductions to switch, quickly, the variation... Hence you have to know the casting differences.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

Ok I know I can just get an idea of price myself....but asking any of your opinions would be. Helpfull......what would be fair prices for loose diaclones...and packaged ones? Starscreamgira
Jose

Post by Jose »

I paid around USD 40 for my Smokescreen in good shape with no weapons in 2007, shipped rom Italy. A blue Bluestreak is very expensive, I've seen rough ones at USD 400.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
starscreamgira
Minispy

Post by starscreamgira »

Wow!!............thank you for the information...starscreamgira :D