replacement Headmaster Heads

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

replacement Headmaster Heads

Post by LD2062 »

Anyone have one of these replacement headmaster heads?

They look really cool. And are cheap (for headmaster heads). But in head mode they don't look like they have a connecting tab. Although in the robot mode it looks like there are connecting tabs behind the head.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

No sorry. I want the Soundwave one though. Even if only for his boombox mode. Coolness.
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

They make both in black too. I figure they're not takara. But who cares thats great work. Better then the real ones since these have alt modes. I'm real tempted to buy one since they are under $20. I've got a hardhead body but no head.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

^JBs: Intriguing!

Source: Requested.

Typo: "Tatical".
Correction: "Tactical".
Error: Ignored.

Hasbro: Authorized?
Hasbro: Rejects?

Fanfiction: Required.

Hi-Q: Status?

Information: Overload. Resume: ordinary speech patterns.

This is the first i've seen/heard/read about these figures, so thanks for sharing! Not my favorite in any mode, but quite a cool concept. As for their apparent lack of connecting tabs, with G1 Headmaster toys, the smaller figures' heads (along with the tabs) served as connecting pegs for the larger figures' detachable heads. As a result, the detached large robot heads had permanently deployed "necks" (even though the larger robots did not have visible necks), but because of the way Optimus Prime and Soundwave transformed, JB-01 and JB-02 could be designed (and apparently were designed) with retractable "necks".

Too bad JB-01 isn't the right size to replace the head of Powermaster Optimus Prime's Super Mode.

As for the black repaints--Soundblaster and Nemesis Prime vs. Nucleon Quest Super Convoy Limited Black Version in Sleep Mode, perhaps?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

There are a bunch listed on ebay. They seem to all come from China so I just expected them to be KO.

But I found this on one listing:

I'm not familiar with Junkion? Are they like fansproject?

Heres a youtube review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fyaQmjtZQw

I watched a few reviews and there do seem to be quality control issues with these figures. Still if I can win one under $10 I'll jump on it. Don't know if I want to pay $20 though.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

LD2062 wrote:I'm not familiar with Junkion? Are they like fansproject?
Yeah, they're (Junkion Blacksmith) a 3rd party Transformers manufacturer like Fansproject. They started out making Headmaster heads but also make upgrade kits like for G1 Devastator. BBTS and TfSource also carry JB products from time-to-time.
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

Their actually made by TFC toys, same company that made Hercules, and the toy line is Junkion Blacksmith. Similar the Hasbro having lines like RID, Generations, DOTM and so on. As RB said they made some upgade kits and headmasters under the JB name. TFC toys also made some target master guns, energon cubes, the gears of war sets, and lots of accessories.

Looks like they have Megatron, Ultra Magnus, and Blaster out also.