gaps in your collection

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Rhymus
City Commander

gaps in your collection

Post by Rhymus »

Who are the most important TF characters you don't have any toys of?

Who are the most important TF characters represented in your collection only by KOs or 3rd party figures?

What kind of "substitutions" do you use in your collection? (For example, Energon Downshift as a stand-in for G1 Wheeljack, or G2 Hubcap instead of G1 Cliffjumper.)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Spike and Sparkplug. Had to think real hard on this one as I have most all of the Transformers that appeared during G1 (Seasons 1-4) and a few that appeared in the comics as well. These two (while being human) are probably the most important characters in the Transformers series I don't have any representation of even though there are a few toys out right now. The Quintessons came in as a runner up on this question.

I have a lot of 3rd party Transformers (no KO's). But all of them are also represented by their G1 counterparts, even though the G1 collection is kept separate from the C.H.U.G/3rd Party collection. The G1's came first in my collection though, followed by their 3rd party representation.

I don't have any subs. The only thing I'm actually considering using as a "sub" are the Kotobukiya Mechanical Chain Bases. I'd like to build a "scale" replica of the inside of the Nemesis that sunk to the bottom of the ocean floor. Paint it purple, add a throne, monitors, exc..,exc...Also considering doing the same thing for the Autobots and painting it orange to represent the Ark. The only base on the market (scaled for Universe/Generations figs.) is the highly overpriced Igear TF-007 Computer Control Center (Teletran I) that came out a few years ago. They were rumored to be working on a Decepticon set at that time, though the project was scrapped for unknown reasons.

EDIT: I guess I do have Spike represented in my collection, now that I think about it. As Cerebros, headmaster partner. I'd prefer PVC representations of him and his dad though. Yellow boots and all! :P
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Well, I have just about everything from... ever, I guess. But I have some major issues.

G1 Unicron. I haven't got the Amazon G1 recolor of Armada Unicron yet, but I think he will still look out of place with blocky gray Galvatron, plank straight Rodimus, and elbowless Blurr. Someone (Hasbro) needs to release that G1 Prototype as a production figure!

G1 Arcee. 'Nuff said.

Classics Trailbreaker. The only Autobot car not done as a deluxe Classics! (ROTF Backroad Brawl Hoist is pretty damn close, but I'd assume they'd remold Classics deluxe TB as another Hoist.)

ROTF Scrapper
ROTF Overload
ROTF Hightower
DOTM Dino/Mirage
DOTM Que/Wheeljack
DOTM Soundwave
DOTM Sideswipe (one that doesn't suck)
DOTM Deluxe Leadfoot OR Human Alliance Topspin
DOTM Shockwave
DOTM Crowbar
DOTM Hatchet
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Well I dont use KO substitutes...its either the real deal or not at all with me.

I cant really say what important ones I dont have are, I've got an idea of the ones I'm after and I'll get them eventually. But an animated movie accurate and well articulated representation of G1 Unicron would be nice. One that dont look like a spikey football on legs lol.
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I am missing the 4 Deluxe Insecticons. Though I have a pre-TF Barrage... But I have never managed to get them. They are my most remarkable missing figures.

Raiden probably will remain elusive forever as I don't manage that money anymore.

The others are color variations, my highlights are:

I also need an orange G2 Bonecrusher. I have assembled that Devastator with a yellow one.

What others... Bumblejumper, I'm missing all Japanese colors (yellow, red and blue), plus Brazilian green and yellow. Optimus, I am missing the G2 and Pepsi versions. Trailbreaker - I don't have it in yellow. Bluestreak - I have a customized blue one. Don't have any of the G2 seekers, nor G2 Slag (green) and G2 Grimlock (blue).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

I dont really care much for variations and I'm very much G1 orientated as thats what I grew up with. Tho I have a Red Bumblebee at the moment, which I may be selling at some time. :)

Considering getting Bumblejumper into the collection, could be an interesting rare addition. :)
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Forgot about Bumblejumper. Yeah, I definitely need him but am not in any hurry to get him for some reason. Got lucky with Unicron. Didn't own an single variation of him until last years Amazon exclusive came out. And he's "blocky" enough to fit in with larger scale G1 figs. But as far as Galvatron, Rodimus, exc...exc... are concerned, I agree 100%. There are a few G1 inspired Arcees available if you're interested. I have this version by Impossible Toys myself: http://impossibletoys.com/page19.html. I DO NOT RECOMMEND if you play with your figures often. Very, very fragile. Basically a display piece. Probably the only fig I own that I'm actually scared to transform. :? There are a few alternatives, however. Not sure if the Perfect Effect Arcee has been released or the Igear MGT-01 Delicate Warrior. But those might be worth checking into. Either one of those would be a step up from the mess that is the Valkyrie TRNS-01. Funny that you mention Classics/Universe Trailbreaker. I've been researching what would be a good base figure to create a custom Trailbreaker out of and so far haven't found anything I like just yet. Will probably find the right person to do it for me and just pay them commission fees + labor/materials.

And yeah, I'm not a variant collector either. I try to stick with show accurate figs and forget about the rest. I'd go crazy trying to collect all the variants in G.I. Joe, M.A.S.K and Transformers too....lol. :lol:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Roadbuster wrote: Probably the only fig I own that I'm actually scared to transform. :?
You obviously don't own G2 Electro or Transmetals Megatron. :lol: :lol: :lol:

... :cry:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

1. Who are the most important TF characters you don't have any toys of?

2. Who are the most important TF characters represented in your collection only by KOs or 3rd party figures?

3. What kind of "substitutions" do you use in your collection? (For example, Energon Downshift as a stand-in for G1 Wheeljack, or G2 Hubcap instead of G1 Cliffjumper.)
1. Arcee & Roadbuster are the two I don't have representations of. I've been eye ballin' on evilbay for Roadbuster and I am trying to stomach the $100 plus for the iGear version of Arcee. I heard through the rumor mill that arcee was on her way, but that was a long time ago. Guess rumor was wrong. Roadbuster... well I just want an awesome gun toting mercenary and Roadbuster would fill that nicely. I would like to pick one of the universe Roadbusters.

2. Does City Commander count? If so him (even though half of him is Hasbro). Springer/ Fansproject Defender comes to mind. And, the last one I can think of is Survivalist Wheelie.

3. Let's see... ummm.... HFTD Seaspray for classiverse Seaspray (but he is classics already). That's it.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

All this talk is making me want more!! lol

Trying to stick to G1 is not easy. Mind you I am getting others. Considering getting Roadbuster in sometime and maybe Overlord for the sake of something rare.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

I'm also after the Encore 'Enemy' Cassette bot. :) An interesting addition to the colleciton.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

Masterpiece Soundwave, Masterpiece Rodtimus Prime, Sentinel Maximus, HOS versions of Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercacker.
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I don't use substitutions anymore.

I got some big gaps in my 1988-1990 collection, as I was trying to complete it boxed or carded. I recently gave up that so now just buying them loose and complete. That should speed it up a bit.

I don't have that many knock offs
PETER IS GOD!Image
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I just looked over my previous gaps list, I have given up on several of the items, and acquired some that subsequently became available (DOTM Soundwave and Wheeljack for less than $300 each, for example).

My gaps now include:

CHUG Trailbreaker: Hurry up already! Geez!

G2 Orange Devastator... Jose mentioned that already.

Animorphs Taxxon and Jake/Stingray... For some reason, these guys stay expensive, despite the near-zero collectorship of the Animorphs TF line.

Amazon Unicron: Still haven't picked one up!

TFCC Punch/Counterpunch: I still can't part with that kind of money for this.

Beast Wars Neo Rockbuster vs. Hydra: Gotta get dat archive done!

The GoBots mentioned in my sig. 'Nuff said. I'd probably drop more on these than any of the above Transformers.