Generations Shockwave

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Generations Shockwave

Post by Countdown »

I'm stoked to see Shockwave finally coming out! It's been too long since we had a core G1 character released to us.

Image Image

I read that Hasbro is releasing him this month! Has anyone had any retail sightings? I'd preorder him, but it appears he is only being sold by the case on most sites.

Perhaps a third party will release an inexpensive handle for him so he can have a true gun mode. Would be neat!!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Yeah, I'm with you there. Will be my Classics Shockwave until something better comes out. :P Not sold on either of his "wave-mates," Jazz and Prime. But I'll definitely be on the lookout for one of these reasonably priced.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Nice! I didn't know about that, so thanks for the info, Countdown!
I hope he makes it to a store near me! ^^
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I thought these weren't due out until this fall! Either way, I'm sure it will be that long before we see them.
Most retailers here still have 1/2 their TF section packed to the brim with DOTM crap nobody wants, I can tell it's already hurting TF: Prime purchasing. Doesn't help that Bumblebee is packed 7 to a case of 8.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I have one. It is pretty cool! I just wish Hasbro would wake and finally listen to
older fans and create a series based on the Fall of Cybertron game!
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Robot mode reminds me of a G1 Decepticon faction symbol. (Headmaster Soundwave, anyone?)

Vehicle mode reminds me of a locomotive engine of the sort Earthlings used to use, although i bet kitbashing it to be one would be more hassle than it's worth.

Looks pretty good, and bonus points for reimagining him instead of just making him a pistol-shaped "space gun" again, but unless i find him at a really good price, there are a lot of other TFs i'd want to collect before trying to pick up one of these.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I just really wanted a CHUG Shockwave. I think a Cybertronian Shockwave makes sense - and then I also think that a giant floating gun flying through space makes absolutely no sense (time for G1ers to start a fight over this).

However, to contradict my last statement - I want a third party accessory that adds a handle and a trigger. And, while we're at it - how bout they give it away with free or reduced shipping.