G1 MIRAGE HELP NEEDED

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

chris c
Noob

G1 MIRAGE HELP NEEDED

Post by chris c »

I purchased this in a lot along with a pre-rub prime. My question about this Mirage is it legit? Some details that might help, it is stamped Hasbro /Takara 80-82, metal body. The thing that gets me is the white and red stripes that are tampo painted on the side pods. They appear on the sticker sheet but are also painted on the figure. All other pics I have seen of Mirage these do not appear. Here are some pics to show what Ia m talking about. Not good but should help.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I'm no expert on the Mirage KO, but an original shouldn't have tampoed stripes. They have two colors and that is sort of too advanced for the time.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Is the No.26 Tampographed as well cos that should be a sticker as well if original, this could very likely be a KO version. :(
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
chris c
Noob

Post by chris c »

Yeah it is tampoed. I was doing some digging of my own and it looks like someone took old parts and new parts and put them together. It has the stamp on the body and the metal seams heavy and not cheap. Oh well.
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Yeah someone trying to swindle people into thinking its genuine original I reckon!. Shame really.
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....