Looking for some help regarding price on G1 Kabaya figures!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

worldsgreatest
Noob

Looking for some help regarding price on G1 Kabaya figures!

Post by worldsgreatest »

I recently stumbled across two old G1 Kabaya kits at a toy show and got them for $5 a piece. One is complete and one isn't. I'm having trouble finding much information on either of these guys so I thought I'd try this forum.

The kits are Victory Leo and Victory Saber. Victory Saber is missing his Star Saber/nosecone, but Victory Leo is complete. I believe they are originals and not knockoffs.

SO...anyone around here familiar with these old model kits?
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I bought the Warudaros Revell kit for USD 40 shipped from Italy to Chile. I haven't seen the specific kits you mention, but complete ones used to be arounds USD 25-30 + shipping sealed.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
worldsgreatest
Noob

Post by worldsgreatest »

Jose

Post by Jose »

Yeah, so? You think I'm going cheap?
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
worldsgreatest
Noob

Post by worldsgreatest »

Jose wrote:
Yeah, so? You think I'm going cheap?
Not necessarily. I was just specifying that I wasn't talking about the more recent Kabaya kits that average about $35. Specifically these:

Just differentiating. Also, the only reference I have is this Buy it Now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transformers-G1 ... 3cc6891876
Jose

Post by Jose »

worldsgreatest wrote:
Not necessarily. I was just specifying that I wasn't talking about the more recent Kabaya kits that average about $35. Specifically these:

Just differentiating. Also, the only reference I have is this Buy it Now:
Well... The Revell kit I have is from 1982, 84 tops. I guess it has all to do with having a more or less known figure, and how desireable it is. $250 sounds too expensive to me, and probably the seller is also charging the fact he assembled it.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i can't help you, worldsgreatest, but welcome to Transformerland, and thanks for the pics--i don't think i've seen these before, and they're pretty neat! Many of them look like maybe just simplified versions of their larger counterparts, but i don't remember seeing another Hot Rod toy that transforms like that one, which i think is pretty cool. Still, from what i've read on TFWiki.net (such as http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Kabaya ,which links to Kabaya's Japanese-language homepage) and the prices you and Jose are discussing, it seems to me like it might be easier and less expensive to get larger, higher-quality Transformer figures?

Oh, wait--you want Victory Leo and Victory Saber...

No, wait... Are you trying to complete what you have, or find out a fair price to sell? (i figure a fair price is whatever someone is willing to pay, regardless of whether anyone else is charging more or less than you are.)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
worldsgreatest
Noob

Post by worldsgreatest »

Rhymus wrote:i can't help you, worldsgreatest, but welcome to Transformerland, and thanks for the pics--i don't think i've seen these before, and they're pretty neat! Many of them look like maybe just simplified versions of their larger counterparts, but i don't remember seeing another Hot Rod toy that transforms like that one, which i think is pretty cool. Still, from what i've read on TFWiki.net (such as http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Kabaya ,which links to Kabaya's Japanese-language homepage) and the prices you and Jose are discussing, it seems to me like it might be easier and less expensive to get larger, higher-quality Transformer figures?

Oh, wait--you want Victory Leo and Victory Saber...

No, wait... Are you trying to complete what you have, or find out a fair price to sell? (i figure a fair price is whatever someone is willing to pay, regardless of whether anyone else is charging more or less than you are.)
Thanks for the welcome! I was really just wondering what a fair price would be, if I wanted to sell them. As it is I'll just hold on to them since they're kind of unique. I don't own any Victory or Masterforce figures so these are a decent substitute!