Fortress Maximus Encore

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

trance
Site Admin

Fortress Maximus Encore

Post by trance »

What does everyone think about the new Fort Max re-issue?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I know there will be some upset owners of the genuine original item.

However, I am not one of them. If it doesn't sell out before I have the money. I will be buying one of them. Even if I have to sell off my gf.... Just kidding... Rent only.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I knew the Encore Fort Max would come sooner or later and I guess I'm not overly excited about it. I'm glad that more people will be able to afford one, but I also know what it most likely will do to the value of the original.
I would also imagine that some will sell the encore and claim it's the original, whether they know it is or not.
Sorry, I must be having a cynical day today. :/
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:I know there will be some upset owners of the genuine original item.
Add me to that list, but whatever. I hope the factory burns down and nobody gets one. :lol: Joking...but all kidding aside if the box is a G1 homage I'm in as a buyer, just for the box. 8)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Minerva wrote:I would also imagine that some will sell the encore and claim it's the original, whether they know it is or not.
They've been KO'ing off Spike for quite a while now, but I think you could always tell the difference in the tone/shade of the plastic. This might be a good thing for people who's arm ramps have yellowed and want to get this reissue for parts, though. Mine's not bright white like it was when I first got it, more of an "off white" now, not quite yellow....but it'll happen eventually.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

I can totally understand how people could not be feeling all that positive about this particular set of news.

On another TF forum that I lurk at, I read numerous entries of people who recently spent $400, $550, Over a thousand and the list goes on and then this happens.

Or, people who thought that this would never happen so they spend $65-100 on the kabaya release, which if it is like other kabaya releases - it certainly isn't worth $100 and doesn't compare to a reissue or the original. Many of those Kabaya purchasers stated they wouldn't have purchased if they knew this was just around the corner.

Or probably, there are many who purchased the g1 original, because it is an original. It in many cases is the holy grail for a TF collector. And, now they release this. Will it devalue the original? Will people's investments be damaged? I don't know. I hope not.
Minerva wrote: I would also imagine that some will sell the encore and claim it's the original, whether they know it is or not.
And, then you have what Minerva said. There are scumbags out there who will deceive people. If it isn't this product it will be something else. I think, however there are more decent people out there then not. Guess I am an optimist. As for those who do it accidentally, well if its still in box it will say commemorative pretty largely and hopefully that helps keep people accurate. :)

In the end however, this is a genuine Transformers product and not a blatant rip off of the IP. I don't know that with the other commemorative releases that the G1 counterparts were devalued. Perhaps Trance can chip in, since among us he would be most knowledgeable on the devaluation of these figures when there is a commemorative release.
For example, I have the Commemorative Insecticons and Hoist figures. Did those impact the value of the originals (directed at Trance)??

I am glad for the opportunity. I preordered mine and I feel really lucky. Matter of fact, I am going to sell off some figures so that he has proper space.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I've always wanted A Fort Max in the colors of the Rid Cartoon version. I dunno if that's original G1 or not. I want the big sword with handle to have Omega Prime hold..
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Even though i got an original here on Transformerland, I still want the Japanese one with the sword and that yummy box! Love the artwork on the Japanese Headmaster boxes. They are much nicer than the American ones to me. This might be a good investment as well like Brave max.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Fort Max is out of my league, but why not making it available to more people? I support reissues nowadays, gives a chance to many. The hardcore fans can still chase the original.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

It certainly made it more available to me. :)

Now the question is do I open it or not? It isn't an original, so I don't see it ever having the value the original one has. It wouldn't be a cardinal sin to open it - would it?
LD2062

Post by LD2062 »

I just wish they'd stamp the accessories so you can tell the difference between original, reissue, ko.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Countdown wrote:It certainly made it more available to me. :)

Now the question is do I open it or not? It isn't an original, so I don't see it ever having the value the original one has. It wouldn't be a cardinal sin to open it - would it?
Open it! Reissues rarely ever increase in value. Often times, they get recirculated after a few years have passed (TRU Soundwave, Encore Prime, exc.) so holding onto one MISB really is doing the buyer more of a disservice than anything. Plus you'd be missing out on transforming the holy grail of all Transformers toys. :P
LD2062 wrote:I just wish they'd stamp the accessories so you can tell the difference between original, reissue, ko.
Which is why I'm glad mine is 100% complete. Trying to complete an original will become a nightmare for those seeking to do so.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I think an encore figure would be great. It would give alot of people a chance to finally have the premiere figure for their collection. However, there will always be people who will either try and pass off the figure, or just the parts for genuine. Thats the name of the game these days it seems from those less than reputable sellers. Oh, and OPEN IT UP! Let him breathe!
R.I.P. Menasor
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

As a wise commander once said, "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." He will be freed and it will be glorious. Now, I have 6 months to pay down that credit card, lol!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Totally unrelated, but I now need to save up for a City Commander (FansProject). Missed all the previous runs and am sitting on an unused Classics Ultra Magnus so when BBTS made them available today (still are as far as I know), I had to jump on it. Now I have only until November to come up with the funds... :?
Juggernaut321
Decoy

Post by Juggernaut321 »

Its been a hard year for me with my gf getting laid off work back in march and still no job. I've always wanted to buy the king but he always been out of my reach. Now with the encore release I can get one. Is it just me or the original fort maxs prices been going up science the news of the encore?
skywarp408

Post by skywarp408 »

Juggernaut321 wrote:Its been a hard year for me with my gf getting laid off work back in march and still no job. I've always wanted to buy the king but he always been out of my reach. Now with the encore release I can get one. Is it just me or the original fort maxs prices been going up science the news of the encore?
They are always going up :)
PETER IS GOD!Image
F18Starscream
Powermaster

Post by F18Starscream »

I have a original Fort Max, it's cool that they re-release him so other people can enjoy him. But I still love mine.
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

Oh my! See what not coming to TFL for a few months does to you? I had no Idea this was happening! So getting one!
NovaGhostii
Noob

Post by NovaGhostii »

This figure is the very reason that I restrict myself to MP figures and few others. Even though it's $300, I could definitely talk myself into this as a self-birthday present.

And on the debate of comparing him to the original? Personally, I would buy him because he's such a neat toy. I wouldn't mind him being less authentic, I would just like him in my collection. Honestly, my good condition G1 toys make me nervous. I leave my Omega Supreme boxed up because I don't want to damage it.