New Generations figures on their way!!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Countdown
Micromaster Commander

New Generations figures on their way!!

Post by Countdown »

Thought I would share this! I can see that my very limited budget will be severely dented as I can see 4-6 figures that I want... Badly.

http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content/fm ... ages-5896/
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Best stuff I've seen from Hasbro in a long time. Hasbro needed this. 3rd party companies were making them look bad.

Metroplex is my kinda town! :D
PETER IS GOD!Image
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow, most of them actually look really good! I think I might have to pick up at least some of them when they come out.
Thanks for sharing, Countdown!
GPrime2011
Targetmaster

Post by GPrime2011 »

Awesome, some of them look wicked!.... Generally I'm sticking to the Original G1 stuff but may be moved by some of these.
I can swear I was conned as a child....cos no matter how hard I try, I just CAN NOT get my entire Decepticon army into the back of Astrotrain....
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Thanks for the link, Countdown!

i think my favorite is either Springer (both vehicle modes look more realistic to me than the G1 Springer toy's, AND the new Springer's vehicle modes are more distinguishable from one another) or "Trailcutter" (maybe the name change is good--to my optics, he looks too macho/military to be Trailbreaker), although Blitzwing also looks impressive and skillfully designed. i'm glad to see Megatron with a decent Earth disguise mode (not a Cybertronian jet/ship/tank/etc.) that doesn't require him to shrink to transform (like a pistol). Sure, DOTM Megatron had an Earth mode (oops--"spoiler alert"), and the G2 and Armada Megatrons were tanks, and--well, i have other issues with other Megatrons, and i don't want to go off on that tangent right now.

i want to go off on a tangent about Bumblebee and Blazemaster. i'm overly attached to Bumblebee as a VW Beetle, so i'm always disappointed when Bumblebee's name is attached to any other vehicle mode. A redeco (possibly with a retooled head) of the Bumblebee with the black racing stripes might make a good G1 Jetstorm/G2 Gobots, though. As for the Bumblebee with red racing stripes, i appreciate that Blazemaster turns into a helicopter (like his G1 namesake and fellow mini-TF, Blaze Master) with colors reminiscent of G1 Blaze Master, and even more reminiscent of his gang-molded teammate Tread Bolt, the Autobot Double Targetmasters, and Action Master Bumblebee's heli-pack.

Also a nice touch making Roller a Triple Changer Targetmaster for Optimus. (Aside: i read somewhere that Powermaster Optimus Prime's Super Robot head was originally meant to be Roller as a Headmaster.)

And do i spy Mini-Con-compatible posts on Blitzwing's and Springer's swords?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I like metroplex robot mode. Not real impressed with the other modes.

Blitzwing is good. As is trailbreaker. But Springer is the one I really want.

I don't care about the others.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Looks like my money's on the Blitzwing. He looks even better than his G-1 counterpart. I will probably get the Metroplex and Springer too if available.

What I want to know is when is Hasbro going to give us a modern Arcee that hearkens back to her G-1 four wheeled roots, and doesn't look like a unicycle?

It's way past time that Hasbro gives us a nice new sculpt Arcee, if nothing else as a mail away offer as a nod to the good 'ol G-1 days.

I'm still holding out hope that they'll release a Vector Sigma's Angels three pack with Elita-One, Arcee, and Minerva.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

i've been waiting for a CHUG Arcee for a long time. The closest we got was Animated Arcee or 3rd Party
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

CHUG Arcee would be amazing. I have one of the third party Arcee's and she is fragile.

I also saw on FMH that there's going to be a Hasbro triple changing Sandstorm too! Guess I'll have to start setting aside some money for one more!

I saw those ports on Blitz too. They just didn't register to me what they were. It's gonna be Christmas early! *unless* they release at Christmas and not before.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bqb9hoUDjY

Toy fair video regarding the new Metroplex.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Pre-ordered both Blitzwing and Springer long ago through TfSource. Both of those are must haves for me, especially since I missed out on Warbot Defender (3rd party Springer). Really excited for both Trailcutter and his retool/repaint Hoist! Those will get pre-ordered the minute they're both up and available....same for Metroplex, though the only mode I really care for is robot mode.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Blitzwing and springer will probably sell out fast, and I will hopefully score them. Metroplex will no doubt sell fast, but he looks weird in his base modes. Probably best just to keep him in robot form with his sad face :( lol. I am looking forward to these.
R.I.P. Menasor
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

I'm not holding up hope of nabbing them until the 2ndary market, I never even saw the GDO stuff at our local TRU :(
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Galvatron wrote:i've been waiting for a CHUG Arcee for a long time. The closest we got was Animated Arcee or 3rd Party
Showing my ignorance here, but what is a CHUG Arcee?

I know one of her accessories can't be possibly be a beer.
trance wrote:I'm not holding up hope of nabbing them until the 2ndary market, I never even saw the GDO stuff at our local TRU :(
Tell me about it, and it's not good for us around here, because the comic book shop guy in the same shopping center sends his minions up to my TRU to poach all the good stuff when the trucks come in. :cry: :x
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

CHUG= Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations.

In other words an updated version of older figures in a more articulated, aesthetically pleasing, and cleaned up fashion compared to the G1 (or later) counterparts.

So, basically an Arcee that is based on her G1 looks made and designed with today's toy making engineering.

Animated would be close, but unrealistic. Movie and prime pay no heed to G1. Many argue that the closest would be that Energon motorcycle that came out in 2004, but it really does not cut it for such an iconic character.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Help me out everyone. Do I preorder each or do I hope I am lucky in finding these figures in stores? Make my decision for me please. LOL.
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Post by Roar »

Countdown wrote:Help me out everyone. Do I preorder each or do I hope I am lucky in finding these figures in stores? Make my decision for me please. LOL.
Personally, I'd rather be safe than sorry, Darlin'. :wink: I've spent twice and three times the original price on the Bandai ThunderCats figures in Amazon because I waited for Wal-Mart and Toys R Us to be my salvation.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Ultra Magnus wrote:So, basically an Arcee that is based on her G1 looks made and designed with today's toy making engineering.

Animated would be close, but unrealistic. Movie and prime pay no heed to G1. Many argue that the closest would be that Energon motorcycle that came out in 2004, but it really does not cut it for such an iconic character.
This is the slavishly G1 Arcee I own. But it's extremely delicate/fragile and don't really recommend it, unless you're just going to pose it and leave it alone...

But to stay on topic....TG-23 Generations Metroplex went up for pre-order today through several sites. It's selling for anywhere from $169.90 (Robot Kingdom) to $229.99 (BBTS). The Hasbro version will be cheaper but hasn't been made available for pre-order yet.
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Thanks for all the info, guys. Seems like I should make some pre-orders, just in case. :)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Has anyone seen a release date? Or seen them in stores?