Repairing Rubber Tires

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Repairing Rubber Tires

Post by LD2062 »

I've got a fair number of rubber tires that split. Mostly new figures. Like RID optimus or ultra magnus. And I've found they actually respond well to gluing.

Currently I use "Instant Krazy Glue" the purple color change bottle you brush on.

Brush ir on the tire. Let a sit for a little while and it goes back on the figure fine.

I've not tried it on older tires from like G1.
Optimus Maximus
Gestalt Warrior

Post by Optimus Maximus »

I also had RID OP and UM and they both had tires split and I did the same as you did. I used the super glue that I use when building models and I have never had a problem with it damaging the tires anymore than they were and they haven't split anymore in the repaired spots. I sold them both last year and the guy that bought them still has them and they are fine.
172 and counting. :)_
Newest addition to my collection: Generations Blitzwing
Looking for packaging for 20th Anni. Masterpiece Optimus Prime and his axe and Megatron gun. PM me if you have any of these at a reasonable price.
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

When I bought my RiD Prime and UM from TT, I did the same thing. I used superglue on the tires that were beginning to split. No issues to this day.