I would appreciate help identifying some transformers

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Aza
Decoy

I would appreciate help identifying some transformers

Post by Aza »

Hello, im new to this forum and can't really call myself a transformers-fan. However, i found some old toys from my youth and im planning to sell them to , hopefully, some collector that can appreciate the toys. I've been looking in the database here and so far i've only been able to identify snapdragon and chainclaw. Any help from you experts in this field would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post some pictures below:

Thanks in advance,

/Christopher.
Aza
Decoy

Post by Aza »

Hmm..the pictures look weird, atleast on my screen. I'll paste the photo album link below:

http://postimg.org/gallery/3kfyzttm/
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I have all but two:

Flywheels

Sparkstalker

Part of Battletrap

Seawing

I recognize the blue guy, but cannot place him. The yellow car guy is completely eluding me for the moment. I am sure someone else will be by shortly to help.
Aza
Decoy

Post by Aza »

Wow, that was fast. Thanks alot! Very appreciated.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Ultra Magnus wrote:The yellow car guy is completely eluding me for the moment. I am sure someone else will be by shortly to help.
Could that be Dragstrip from Universe 2.0?
http://www.transformerland.com/show_par ... oyid=29716
trance
Site Admin

Re: I would appreciate help identifying some transformers

Post by trance »

Aza wrote:I've been looking in the database here and so far i've only been able to identify snapdragon and chainclaw.
/Christopher.
Hey Christopher, just out of curiosity, did you see the Identify section?
A lot of these could be easily spotted there (e.g. Brown > Tank for Flywheels) :)

http://www.transformerland.com/identify ... rmers.html
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I am leaning towards the yellow car being a knock-off based on the unpainted and visible screws in the shoulders, quality of the decals, and lack of any obvious diecast (which would automatically stop it from being a go-bot).

The front end is wrong for Dragstrip (as well as later versions).
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Found the car.

He is from The Brave Fighter Legend of Da-Garn. His name is Mach Lander.

The package:

Open box:

However, you may have noticed that the one pictured from the actual collection has a chromed head (visible as the driver in alt mode). That means the one pictured above is still probably a knock off. The best known knock off of this brand is Space Warrior Super fighter: Image He is in the bottom section of the above picture.

You can see him as the midsection of the combiner #208:

I cannot say for sure whether it is a knock off or an alternate paint job of the only picture I could find of the original Korean figure. Information on this line is sparse to say the least. After all, I could not find a pic of the combined form of the original.

So, I hope this helps. My mastery of search-fu is ever at your service.
Aza
Decoy

Post by Aza »

Awesome. Thanks alot guys, your help is very appreciated.

Trance: I never ran the tank in the identify section, however i did run both seawing and sparkplug and couldn't find them.

Ultra Magnus: I've been examining the yellow race car and you're absolutely right. The car doesn't have any hasbro markings whatsoever. Thanks for your time and excellent help with identifying these toys.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Not a problem at all.

Also, welcome, and feel free to come back for more info at any time.

Also feel free to avail yourself to other sections of the forum as well. We have a few experts on far more toy lines than Transformers (for instance, I am quite versed in GI Joe and early Masters of the Universe).

So, I hope to see more of you, but in the mean time, thank you for allowing me the pleasure of the hunt on a truly interesting and obscure piece.
Aza
Decoy

Post by Aza »

Ok, so i've raided my childhood room once more and found a box full of star wars and Action force figures. I've identified most but there are a few parts (including Transformers accesories)i havnt been able to identify.

Are you up for yet another challenge magnus?

Some kind of black weaponry, most likely transformers. Could be MOTU

Here's a MOTU i havnt been able to ID:

Probably a knockoff Action Force figure. Its well made and i've opened him up with a screwdriver, he is made exactly as original Action force figures. No Hasbro stamps though.

Two cowboys i used to love when i was smaller. I cant for my life figure out the series or name of these two figures.

A white weapon. Size of the gun fits transformers, its made out of rubber and not plastic.

Accessories, probably MOTU. No idea to whom they belong. Armguards probably is Man-at-arms.

Some random things, including two battered transformers

Oh, and i found your namesake in a drawer:

:-)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I'm no Magnus, but that top picture is the vehicle cannon that came with G1 Wildrider. Hope that helps, not so sure about the rest. :)
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

Cowboy on the right- Lone Ranger
Blue cowboy - General George Custer
http://www.hobbyid.com/collections/acti ... r-the.html

broken blue robot - Gobot Cop-Tur
broken red robot - transformer F1 Dasher
gray gun in the same photo from dino riders series
Last edited by LD2062 on Sat May 11, 2013 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

The battered TF missing a foot is a Powerdasher (F1 Dasher). Interesting to me is that it has blue ankles. The other is a Go Bot.

Also the yellow armor and elbow guard are Beast Man's, but from the battle pack version.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

My F-1 Dasher has blue ankles. I think yours is the odd one, Jose!

The yellow shoulder pads and harness are from indeed MOTU Accessory pack (recolor of Beast man's), the arm guard is from Man-At-Arms, and the black chest armor is again from the Accessory pack (recolor of Zodac's).
The little gray mask at the top of the "Random Things" pic is Boris Bushkin's "Comrade" mask, from M.A.S.K. Bulldog.
The two blue pontoons are from Tomy's Zoids Aquadon.
The silver shield is from LJN's Advanced Dungeons and Dragons Warduke figure.
The gray figure is Skylord from Lanard's "The Corps! S.T.A.R. Force". The white pistol is his.
The MOTU figure is Tri-Klops, with his green eye-band torn off.
Did I miss anything?

Okay, maybe I am the odd one. :roll:
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Time Traveller wrote:My F-1 Dasher has blue ankles. I think yours is the odd one, Jose!
(...)
Never thought of that. Mine's are black!
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Aza
Decoy

Post by Aza »

Wow...im impressed.

Thanks alot for the identifications. I've no clue how you guys know all this..perhaps i dont want to know either o:-)

I got a couple of boxes back home full with various toyparts, if you all dont mind i'll drop by with a couple of photos once i've sorted through all the items in a month or so.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The best way is to lay them out in a grid and number them. You can lay them out neatly in the pic, and then overlay numbers using MSPaint or photoshop, whichever end of the spectrum you're most comfortable with. It works best if you line up similar sized items, too.

How do I know all this stuff?
This is what I do, I guess.
Aza
Decoy

Post by Aza »

Time Traveller wrote:The best way is to lay them out in a grid and number them. You can lay them out neatly in the pic, and then overlay numbers using MSPaint or photoshop, whichever end of the spectrum you're most comfortable with. It works best if you line up similar sized items, too.

How do I know all this stuff?
This is what I do, I guess.
Ok, im back, and i have quite a few pictures with toyparts numbered and ready to be ID:d. I just wanted to ask, is it alright to continue to id toys in this thread or would it be more proper to start a new thread in another
forum on this site? Most of the items in my picture is definitely not transformers.