Masterpiece Figure Preorders

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Masterpiece Figure Preorders

Post by SentinelPrime »

What MP transformer figures do you have preordered? Or which ones would you LIKE to have?

Here are my preorders: G1 Wheeljack, G1 Bumblebee, G1 Prowl, G1 Bluestreak, G1 Soundwave. Thankfully they are NOT all in the same months! I also would like to eventually snag MP Rodtimus Prime.

What future releases would you like to see? Here are a few I would like: G1 Elita One, G1 Arcee, G1 Ironhide and G1 Alpha Trion.
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I've preordered Soundwave and Smokescreen right here at TFL! I'd like to get in to these, especially the cars. The only non-US MP I currently own is Megatron. As for future releases:

-Jazz
-Jetfire (as his non-Macross, show-accurate mode)
-Shockwave
-Punch/Counterpunch (as a licensed Fiero!)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

SentinelPrime wrote:What MP transformer figures do you have preordered? Or which ones would you LIKE to have?
Hasbro's Soundwave. I'll be trying to lock in my order for him on July 18th!
SentinelPrime wrote: What future releases would you like to see? Here are a few I would like: G1 Ironhide
iGear has put out a MP scaled Ratchet and Ironhide. Ratchet is sold out (but you can still find him on Ebay), but the Ironhide is available now...and at a good price!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Time Traveller wrote: As for future releases:

-Shockwave
Fans Toys has released a MP Shockwave. I just bought it the other day and should be here sometime early next week. As with the iGear Ironhide/Ratchet, it comes with lots of die cast parts and real quality engineering. Light up features, swappable parts, exc.....

There's even a gray colored, Astro Magnum (Shackwave) version on its way!

http://www.capturedprey.com/store/fanst ... quake_wave
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Maybe I should stop collecting Transformers and start collecting "Third Party Transforming Toys". In that case, I'd hope for a Counter-Kick Spy Double Robot ;)
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I forgot about a MP Jazz and Jetfire! They would be cool too!
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:Maybe I should stop collecting Transformers and start collecting "Third Party Transforming Toys"
I don't see any difference, myself. :P I'll support Hasbro/Takara when they actually cater to the fans who have the pocketbooks to support them. Until then, my money is going towards quality engineering on a product I can identify with....no matter the label on the package. It's not like these are KO's. Quite the contrary, 3rd party "transforming robots" rival the quality of even Hasbros products here lately and I imagine will continue to do so for as long as they allow it to happen. (in my opinion) Hasbro's gotten lazy and are depending on the brand to sell itself instead of investing the proper monetary resources back into their research/development/engineering team, to churn out winners.....like the Springer/Sandstorm mold. <--------- I want to see more of that from them.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I could not agree more with all that you said Roadbuster!
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Time Traveller wrote: -Jetfire (as his non-Macross, show-accurate mode)
The Macross figure is the masterpiece. He is the right scale, amount of workmanship and artistry, and needs no improvement.

There have been more recent versions of the Macross plane that are much more articulated, and have missile pod add ons, etc.; but that original figure is hands down one of the best figures from the 80's.

The only other figures I would even consider on his league in the first three waves would be Soundwave/Blaster.

:P
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Really? I didn't peg you for a "Tape Guy" fanboy, UM. I have no arguments about the workmanship of the original toy, he's just... always been a Valkyrie. I think it would be great to have a high-quality, comparable size Transformers Jetfire.

I would also remind you I love Bandai robots.

RB, I agree with you wholly. I don't mean to knock 3rd party. I would point out though, that most collectors, even those with large collections, have only opened their wallets to a few select 3Ps due to the costs. I am a completist mind-slave, so opening that can of worms would pose a great conundrum for me ;)
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Ultra Magnus wrote:
Time Traveller wrote: -Jetfire (as his non-Macross, show-accurate mode)
The Macross figure is the masterpiece. He is the right scale, amount of workmanship and artistry, and needs no improvement.

There have been more recent versions of the Macross plane that are much more articulated, and have missile pod add ons, etc.; but that original figure is hands down one of the best figures from the 80's.

The only other figures I would even consider on his league in the first three waves would be Soundwave/Blaster.

:P
Ditto! However, instead of Blaster, I would nominate the original Optimus Prime.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Time Traveller wrote:Really? I didn't peg you for a "Tape Guy" fanboy, UM.
Generally, I have no problems with the characters, but they are not my favorites (Soundwave is the better of the two). That being said, the figures are solid with decent articulation, and look good from all angles.

As opposed to G1 Optimus (1984) OR Magnus (1986) or even the original Megatron, they have a significant lack of kibble or big gaping holes (looking at the back side).

Some of the cars do okay in that aspect, but overall, the three best in the early years would be the two tape guys and Jetfire.

The seekers are close, but have no articulation for the legs at all, and the cone/back situation suffer.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:RB, I agree with you wholly. I don't mean to knock 3rd party. I would point out though, that most collectors, even those with large collections, have only opened their wallets to a few select 3Ps due to the costs. I am a completist mind-slave, so opening that can of worms would pose a great conundrum for me ;)
Oh they are expensive. But that's due to the production costs being so high, mold casting isn't cheap and due to that they can't compete with Hasbro as far as price is concerned, but the toys they're putting out are fantastic and they're making the figures/characters that Hasbro either won't or don't think will sell on a mass market.

And I'm a completist too. :lol: It gets real expensive when you start collecting 3rd party combiners, too. I won't go into how much I've spent on those so far.

To keep from derailing the thread and to stay on the 3rd party subject at the same time, I had this "unofficial" MP roll in today! Fans Toys Quakewave (Shockwave): Scales perfectly with Hasbro/Takara Soundwave and Starscream too!

Note: these last 2 images aren't mine and just showing scale accuracy with Has/Tak MP's:
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I am insanely jealous.
R.I.P. Menasor