Impossible Toys (3rd Party) transformer company closing down

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Impossible Toys (3rd Party) transformer company closing down

Post by SentinelPrime »

Just came across this link stating that the 3rd Party Transformers toy site is closing down at the end of this year due to lack of sales of Tetra Squardron Cybertron jets.

http://www.impossibletoys.com/page1.html
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

It's odd, I was just reading up on third parties today. I saw the 7 or 8 tetrajets, and commented to Minerva about how easy it is to hang one's hat on seekers- I mean, one chassis, and you get to sell 6 figures right off the bat, plus 3 for the rainmakers, plus 3 for the MTMTE seekers, plus Ghost Starscream.... Seems like a sound mold investment to me.

What other figures are credited to Impossible Toys?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

They had a line of Quintessens (sp?), the bailiff from Quintessa, An Arcee figure, and I am sure there were more. I thought I read/watched in a few reviews that a few of the figs from ImpossibleToys were more fragile than the average. I think that being so fragile it may have hurt their online presence as word travels fast in our digital age.

Also, in my opinion they should have marketed themselves as a collectibles company and less as a toy company. Too many third party toy companies out there now a days rival Hasbro and other mainstream companies in quality control. If they couldn't meet the level of quality that is expected they should have marketed differently to set themselves apart with out having a negative vibe on their products. That might just be me though.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

They also produced the G1 Spike and Sparkplug Diaclone driver figures, the G1 Transformers Animated series human figures, G1 animated movie figure Kranix, light up energon cubes, ( which I have), TRNS-03 Alicon Sharticon figure , which I also have, and the expo suits Daniel and Spike figures.
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

I own the TRNS-01 and TRNS-02 figures by them (Arcee and Paradron Medic), whose quality really is "lacking" for a better term. They did seem to improve with later releases but never took fan feedback into consideration even with their best products. All we (fans) wanted was for them to improve the head sculpts on the Tetra Squadron figures, but they didn't listen. Sad to see them go, but they won't be missed by this 3rd party collector.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

To be honest, I was wondering when the HUGE 3rd party pack would start to thin out. I guess in the long term, I only see two or three big boys coming out of the jumble. Probably Fansproject, TFC toys, and maybe one other.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:To be honest, I was wondering when the HUGE 3rd party pack would start to thin out. I guess in the long term, I only see two or three big boys coming out of the jumble. Probably Fansproject, TFC toys, and maybe one other.
I'd like to see a lot of them merge, combine their assets and ultimately lower the prices. They'd also be able to push out toys faster, too with more factory access and designers on board.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I'm surprised the big boys haven't started to gobble up the small ones that produce upgrade sets for the figures produced by the big boys :P

The whole thing will probably wind up as incestuous as the automotive industry :P