What in the world is this concoction?!

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

What in the world is this concoction?!

Post by Dinobot »

I found this on ebay today and couldnt help but be confused by this. Its labeled as a G1 overlord, but clearly is not. Image
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Wow... I've never seen anything like that before. Confusing indeed, but very interesting! Any idea who made it?
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

The huy hasnt replied back to me if there are any markings on it. It looks cool, but im not paying the $200 pricetag to find out its a KO.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Interesting find, Dinobot--thanks for sharing. i'm quite confident it's a KO--i can't find anything like it on TFWiki.net (which normally mentions when one toy is based on another, or vice versa)--and $200 is too much for anything unless you know more than you've told us. If the only differences between "Megalord" (Megazord?) and an authentic Overlord figure are the colors and the head... How much does an authentic Overlord cost? This might be a cheaper alternative, and you could choose between keeping it as is, thinking of it as some kind of alternate universe "Overtron", or kitbashing it into a stand-in Overlord. (i would request you keep it as is, if you get it--the "MegaGigatron" visually raises intriguing questions about the Transformers multiverse, specifically the question of which reality this character comes from.)

Of course, all of that is based on the HUGE assumption--the probably incorrect assumption--that this figure you've found is the same quality as a genuine G1 Gigatron. Are the materials as sturdy as a real TF's? Does this thing even transform? And if so, does it transform correctly? does it transform completely?

And, when you get all of your questions answered, do they add up to a toy worth $200 to you?

Let us know what you hear back from the seller, won't you?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Well, I never heard back from the seller so im sure he has no idea what it is. And for $200 theres no way im buying something I know zilch about. A regular overlord complete is over $350 in most cases. Thanks to our member minerva for helping me piece mine together. I would love to have this figure though.
R.I.P. Menasor
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

Too bad you never heard back from the seller, but $200 seems way overpriced.
You're welcome, by the way. I'm glad I could help out. :)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

While I don't like the way it looks now...that's almost worth buying as is and having a scratch built Overlord head made for it. Looks like it's huge!
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I looked at this auction again isnce its over, but saved in my ebay acoount. It comes with the jet part for the arm same as overlord. It is a different color just like the robot. Im pretty sure its a legit overlord from that, except for the head. I just cant get past the design of it being megatrons face.
R.I.P. Menasor