S.T.A.R.S Base (Mail Away)

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Aerodragon
Noob

S.T.A.R.S Base (Mail Away)

Post by Aerodragon »

Hello Everyone....Ok I need some help. I have searched and searched does anyone remember the S.T.A.R.S. Mail away offer? I recently rediscovered this boxed in my collection. I ordered this myself right around the time the Movie came out in the 80s. Is there any market for this? I am considering selling but to be honest not sure what to expect for it. Overall it is in good shape (Far From mint). But as you can see from the pictures still has great color and while there is some dings on the top corners and a little creasing there No major tears.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Hello and welcome to the forums. I don't know about the value right now. But, I know I was watching a few auctions about a year ago and they were about $50-60 at that time (never did get it, though). Perhaps someone around here will have a more accurate answer! It's a heck of a find! And, it looks to be in good condition!
Aerodragon
Noob

thanks

Post by Aerodragon »

Thanks Countdown I appreciate the quick reply. I can say it has held up well for being cardboard. :D
LD2062
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by LD2062 »

I would think higher than $60 because its so rare.

But since its so rare its really hard to know. It might be one of those things that sells insanely high on ebay, or it might be so rare no one searches for it and the first bid wins it.

I don't know whether you are better off doing an auction or just give it a high price and list it buy now. The buy now might sell straight off or someone might message you an offer.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I bought mine a little over a year ago and paid $80 for it. Mine is in pretty good shape as well. I've seen them listed for way higher prices, but usually they dont sell. You never know though, somebody out there may be desperate to find one. I know I was when I found mine. A very cool addition to a collection if I say so myself. Good luck on the sale!
R.I.P. Menasor
Aerodragon
Noob

thanks everyone

Post by Aerodragon »

I appreciate all the great feedback. It is a really cool set! I'm not so sure I want to sell now :s
After having it out of storage these last couple of days I remembered just how much fun it is. I think I may use it as a back drop to display some of my figures.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

There are several pieces to the complete set.

Iron on patch

Poster

Tech spec manual

Command center

Membership card.

I'm just missing the membership card. :x If you are interested in selling, let me know.
PETER IS GOD!Image