Masterpiece Wheeljack AND...

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Rhymus
City Commander

Masterpiece Wheeljack AND...

Post by Rhymus »

According to http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Masterpiece , 2014 will bring us a Masterpiece Wheeljack!

Now, thus far, Masterpiece figures seem to include a number of accessories depicting gadgets related to the character. For example, Optimus Prime comes with the Matrix, his axe, his rifle, and an appropriately-scaled Megatron.

i think Wheeljack should come with some of his inventions--say, the Dinobots (appropriately scaled, of course). i'm just sayin'.

More seriously, though, which of the following do you think Hasbro and/or TakaraTomy are actually going to release, and in what order? How would you rank them in terms of which you want most/least, and in what order would you buy them (compared to what order you think they'll go on sale, and compared to the order of which you want the most)?

Wheeljack

Wheeljack in Binaltech/Alternators colors ((i'm working on a fan-fiction with G1 characters shaped like their G1 toys/character models but with their BT/Alt color schemes--don't steal the idea unless you're Hasbro/TakaraTomy and you'll pay me for it!))

Slicer

"Slicer homage Wheeljack"

"Marlboor Wheeljack" (and will he have/do you want him to have the differently shaped head?)

"Marlboor homage Wheeljack"

Dead End (and will he have/do you want him to have a differently shaped head?)

Wildrider (and will he have/do you want him to have a differently shaped head?)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

A MP Marlboor WJ would be pretty cool. Given they homage it correctly. I don't think Dead End and Wildrider's going to happen from this mold. Seeing as they wouldn't be able to sell the "combining" aspect, I'd see a lot of fans passing on it. Besides, Fansproject's already given us a proper Menasor....well once they release the final one (Diesel aka: Motormaster).
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

With a Wheeljack in correct Alitalia pattern I'm fine. Maybe they could stretch it out and make a right Marlboro Masterpiece Wheeljack! After all, it's going to be an adult's toy.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I have a Masterpiece Wheeljack preordered. Also the MP Bumblebee figure.
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re: Masterpiece Wheeljack AND...

Post by Roar »

I like the "Marlboor" Wheeljack with that beautiful blue cockpit dome, but it's just not going to feel right if 'Jack's not the Alitalia green and red color scheme. I hope that they put a button on Wheeljack to make the voice light indicators on his head illuminate.

They'd never do it because of cost, and it being so out there, but I think it'd be kind of neat if they put a robot Spike in with Wheeljack, and if nothing else, some of those power rods he and Bumblebee were harvesting in the pilot.

As far as Wildrider and Dead End go, are they going to be able to combine? Have they made a Masterpiece combiner?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Roar wrote:As far as Wildrider and Dead End go, are they going to be able to combine? Have they made a Masterpiece combiner?
That's not happening. :P And no, there hasn't been any MP Combiners yet. I think the "risk" is greater than the potential "reward" for Takara there. It's harder to market sets when we'd be talking $500+ due to the over-engineering costs when it comes to gestalts, than say over a stand alone figure with a higher turnover for sales because more people have that kind of expendable income lying around.

3rd parties are beating Takara to the punch when it comes to Combiners that fit well into a MP display:

Devastator (both completed): TFC Toys Hercules, MakeToys Giant
Superion (completed): TFC Toys Uranos
Menasor (completed): FansProject Intimidator or M3
Bruticus (completed): FansProject Colossus, (in production) Warbotron
Predaking (completed): Unique Toys War Lord, (in production) MasterMind Creations Feral Rex, (in production) TFC Toys Ares
Computron (in production): MakeToys Quantron
Defensor (in production): TFC Toys Prometheus

Abominus: No one (yet)
Piranacon: No one (yet)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Mon-struc-tor! Mon-struc-tor!

The Wheeljack toy is looking great, I'm very glad they are sticking to the real car more than the original toy. I like Sideswipe, but it bugs me that he carries the same inaccuracies as his G1 self. I detail my beef with that in my archive article on the G1:http://www.transformerland.com/show_par ... 06&genid=1
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:Mon-struc-tor! Mon-struc-tor!
I thought about him while I was comprising that list, but said screw it. If no Abominus (cash cow) or Piranacon have been attempted yet, I'm sure Monstructor hasn't even made it to anyones floor plans. There's actually been more uproar for a proper Dinoking, instead of that weak attempt Hasbro made in its Power Core Combiner line.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Yeah, but Monstructor is the one-bot horror plotline that could make the most interesting 3p to date. I want McFarlane to design the pretender shells for these guys. Also, Monstructor is interesting enough to deserve a way bigger toy than his G1 self.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

There is a knock off monstructor set floating out there on the evilbay. I bought one about a 2 or 3 years ago just to see the size, and he is actually a little bit taller than devastator. Not much though. The only problem is he needs a complete paint job because all of the pieces are the wrong color. Ill try and get a pic up to show the size difference with the old one.
R.I.P. Menasor
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Welcome back, Chopperface! That's weird, I didn't know Monstructor got the giant KO treatment. He does need a paint job though, yeesh. Wrong kind of nightmare there! To be fair, at least giant Bristleback won't disintegrate!
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Some of those KO Monstructor bots look kinda like Dinoking bots, I'll have to upload a pic of the ones I'm thinking of...
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Thanks TT! I was searching for a backplate of one of the shells and came across that KO. Trance, they are the same bots as the Dinoking ones, just a different color, and different shells. Same goes with the original mostructor. And your right, bristleback doesnt have the gold syndrome. I leave my monstructor pretty much alone so that I dont even breath on it like my captain power figures. If you look at them wrong its over lol.
R.I.P. Menasor
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Cool :D
PETER IS GOD!Image
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Think i said it before, Dinobot: Shattered Glass Monstructor!

What i should have said before (but later... er, a different before) is that about half the redecos i suggested for Masterpiece Wheeljack are actually inspired by redecos of Prime Wheeljack, not the combining G1 Stunticons. Although since you mention it...

So, to rephrase the question, what do you think of the following decos for Masterpiece Wheeljack redecos?

white and blue: http://www.tfu.info/2005/Autobot/AltWhe ... eljack.htm

mostly blue with black and red racing stripes: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Slicer#Toys

mostly blue: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:PrimeDEtoy-Wheeljack.jpg

white and red: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Primetoy-Hy ... eljack.jpg

gray and red: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Wildrider_%28Prime%29

orange, yellow, green, and gray: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dead_End_%28WFC%29#Prime

brown, red, and tan: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Chromedome_(G1)#Timelines
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)