TFs and non-TF toys together?

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Rhymus
City Commander

TFs and non-TF toys together?

Post by Rhymus »

Do you now, or have you ever, displayed/played with Transformers and non-Transformer toys together?

If so, which ones?

Was it a match-up, like Godzilla versus the Transformers?

Was it a team-up, like the Transformers joining forces with the Justice League?

Did you pretend the Transformers were not Transformers, like the Dinobots were new Zords for the Power Rangers?

Did you pretend the non-Transformers toys were Transformers characters, like RoboCop was Spike/Daniel Witwicky wearing an exo-suit?

When (that is, at what age) do/did you start doing this?
When (that is, at what age) do/did you stop doing this?

i don't think i ever actually did this with toys, unless you count the X-wing Transformer i attempted to build out of LEGO pieces in high school (including an Autobot insignia sticker). i also think i drew a couple Ninja Turtles Transformers when i was in elementary school--the cartoon Ninja Turtles' "Turtle Van" in robot mode, fighting a robot that could turn into one of Shredder's drill vehicles.

At the risk of derailing my own thread in the first post, what TFs/non-TFs do you most wish were compatible? G.I. Joes small enough to fit in Binaltechs/Alternators? Diaclones big enough for Barbies? He-Man scaled Human Alliance figures?
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

I used to go to my friends house and while he was in the other room or something, I would take several figures from multiple lines and mix them up. Once was a california raisin and sauron sky sentry from captain power having a drink at the star wars cantina bar with cliffjumper getting tossed out lol. He hates it when im in his toy room when hes not there. It took him months to find a silverhawk in his transformer collection. Mean? I dont think so cause he started it with my stuff.
R.I.P. Menasor
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Nah, I don't mix up the genre-verses. Don't own any of the SDCC "Crossover" Exclusives where they repaint a G.I. Joe vehicle as a Transformer given the alt. mode then stick a G.I. Joe figure inside. I wouldn't pass one up for the right price though, given I collect both.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I have Puzzler next to Menasor. Does that count?

More than mixing, I look for ways to associate. I have a "robot" shelf and there I have all my Transformers, next to other robots, which happen to be in some way related to them. For example, I have Jetfire next to other Macross Valkyryes, but also next to them is a SDF 1. It's also a matter of size and shape... Because in another section, I have the Gakken Cyclone bikes and two Alpha Fighters. However, they are small (except for the large Cyclone) and they can't be seen from too high (my house is old and has very high ceilings for today's standards; therefore my robot shelf is vertical).

I also have a few ChoroQ cars... Which are the toys which the minicars are based on. As for my toy car collection, most of them are a smaller scale than the Autobot cars, so they look odd together. The only one which could match would be Optimus (and Ultra Magnus). In fact, I have been after a Shinsei Freightliner COE, which I suspect is the same cast as Prime. If i ever nail one or two, they will go next to Prime and Magnus.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Minerva
Nurse to Die For

Post by Minerva »

I think this thread needs more pictures. :)
Computron
Gestalt Super Warrior

Post by Computron »

I had Red Hulk riding a snarling red saber toothed cat on the shelves but meh, just somewhere to put it...
Steeljaw
Throttlebot

Post by Steeljaw »

Last edited by Steeljaw on Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I got a bunch of different toylines in my G1 Transformer closet. I hope to take a pic soon.

I remember always using my G1's to smash through the small Lego figures. Oh what fun I had :D

Now we have Kre-0 Kreon figures. How ironic :lol:
PETER IS GOD!Image
Roar
Confused Triple Changer

Re: TFs and non-TF toys together?

Post by Roar »

I once had a masterpiece Optimus Prime posed with a comparable height Cheetara ThunderCats custom figure I made. I mean hey, a hot ride needs a leggy blonde beside it, right?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Does TF and Diaclone count?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Otherwise I can't recall a scenario when I would have personally because I don't ever recall collecting anything else, except maybe some misc Star Wars stuff I wound up with as a kid. I remember fiddling with them but not in battles with TFs. I was always cons and my brother was always bots. I remember accidentally melting a couple on some lamps though, so there's that ;)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

When I was a kid, I was interested in anything that could be transformed or disassembled and reassembled. TF, Gobots, and Lego, mostly.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote:When I was a kid, I was interested in anything that could be transformed or disassembled and reassembled. TF, Gobots, and Lego, mostly.

And yet you seem to loathe parts-formers...go figure :P
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

That's different. If you could reassemble all the extra parts into something different, it'd be acceptable. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of wings and fists that don't really need to detach (looking at you, seekers!), so they just get lost. Case in point: Sixwing, Sixbuild, Sixturbo- all the crappy combiner kibble can actually be rearranged into a neat little jet thing that one of the micros can ride in. That's pretty cool.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Transformers and GI Joe always went to war. Well, mainly the Joes and the Bots teamed up against the Cobra/D-con alliance. Gobots were usually the first wave of the assault. But we can all guess how that went down, HA.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Hey now. Gobots are pretty sturdy on the whole.
*resident Gobe fanatic*
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

I dig Gobo's to, but lets be honest, Cykill vs. Wreckgar......who are you betting on?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time Traveller wrote:Hey now. Gobots are pretty sturdy on the whole.
*resident Gobe fanatic*

Gobots can ride a sausage!
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

trance wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:Hey now. Gobots are pretty sturdy on the whole.
*resident Gobe fanatic*

Gobots can ride a sausage!
Links or patties?

I was thinking more about this topic. Transformers were always present during playtime. I do recall that MASK made it in with the bots more so than the Joes simply because the figures always seamed more to true scale. But...., does anyone remember Sky Commanders???? I had a slew of them as well and they would form an alliance with the MASK crew. Hmmmm wonder where my MASK and Sky Commanders wound up?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

duttry98 wrote:Links or patties?
Actually it's like this:

Sky Commanders + MASK....MASK Commanders?
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Is that Sasuraiger legit!?!?!? Friggin hilarious !!!!!!

MASK Commander = something to hide, fortress of shame is necessary.