HASBRO COMMEMORATIVE reissue question

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Dxtra

HASBRO COMMEMORATIVE reissue question

Post by Dxtra »

I haven't been on the site for a while, way to busy with kids and stuff.. Was just at my local Toys R us and saw the HASBRO COMMEMORATIVE SERIES Transformers and was like Holy S*** this is awesome.. My wife told me about 20th anniversary of Optimus Prime.. Looked on net and stores nobody has it.. I'm sure that's expensive.. Anybody know where I can find a complete list of what retro ones that have been released?? Also is there any plans for the following below..
Soundwave?
Constructicons?
Dinobots?
Insecticons?
Original Megatron?
Please help me out.. New to the boards so my questions are probably repeated and answers might be somewhere.. Sorry for the repeat questions.. Any answers would be great...
Thanks,
Dx
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Transformers.com keeps a steady feed of updates to what they're planning. The 20th O.P. isn't out yet in the us, but has been released in japan. as for the others you mentioned coming back, i'd bank on seeing soundwave again. the dinobots are questionable, since three of them were reprinted in generation two, in their original colors (though these had the new packing and were a rare variant). however, since the dinobots have been ever-popular, i woulndn't be suprised.

the story on the original megs is and interesting one. back in '96, i attended a botcon and talked to a hasbro official about why the G2 megs was the only G1 character with a new casting. he explained that various codes and laws about toys had changed a lot in the years since 84-85. apparently the design was unacceptably realistic, and was illegal to produce because it did not accomodate properly for the law-required orange cap on the end of the barrel. further, there would be problems due to production costs (a large percentage of the main figure was metal), and liscensing with Walther (due to Walther P-38 being engraved on the side, not to mention the general gun design)

unless someone in hasbro corporate can pull strings, i doubt we'll see this infamous villain in his true form again. check out the thread on reissues for collector's general opinions on the whole run.