Masterpiece Sideswipe AND...

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Rhymus
City Commander

Masterpiece Sideswipe AND...

Post by Rhymus »

Hasbro/TakaraTomy got permission from Lamborghini to make Masterpiece Sideswipe and his redecos/retools.

Do you want and/or expect HasTak to make a Masterpiece Sunstreaker that isn't just a redeco (which would look too much like Tigertrack)?

Do you want and/or expect HasTak to make a Masterpiece Breakdown that isn't just a redeco (which would look too much like Red Alert)? If so, would you want/expect it to include a "double-barreled plasma-energy blaster" accessory practically as big as the his car mode? What about being able to combine?

Do you want and/or expect HasTak to make a Masterpiece RID Prowl?

Do you want and/or expect HasTak to make a Masterpiece Armada Sparkplug? Masterpiece Micron Atlas (who shares Sparkplug's mold)? Masterpiece G1 Punch/Counterpunch (who share's Atlas's deco)?

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Popular_Earth_vehicle_alternate_modes#Lamborghini_Countach wrote:Lamborghini Countach
G1 Sideswipe / G1 Red Alert / Clamp Down / Deep Cover / Tigertrack - LP500S
G1 Sunstreaker - LP500S
G1 Breakdown - LP500S
Free Wheeler / Deadwheeler - LP500 Quattrovalvole
Laster / Motorvator Flame - 25th Anniversary
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Popular_Earth_vehicle_alternate_modes#Lamborghini_Diablo wrote:Lamborghini Diablo
Neo-Wheel / Universe Hot Spot
Firecracker / G1 Optimus Prime (Go-Bot) / G1 Sideswipe (Go-Bot) / R.E.V.
Flash / Spin Road
RID Prowl / Universe Inferno / G1 Sideswipe (Universe) / Sunstreaker (Universe)
Armada Sparkplug / Drop-Test / Atlas
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: Masterpiece Sideswipe AND...

Post by Time Traveller »

In short, no, I don't expect Takara to flog and thereby cheapen the Masterpiece car molds like Hasbro did with the Alternators. (Ricochet? Rollbar? Swerve?) I do hope they'll do a NEW-MOLD Sunstreaker as the LP500S "Super Tuning".
And no, don't expect any combining combiners. The last three new-mold combiners in the traditional sense that I remember are Abominus, Bruticus and Devastator- Two of which are comprised of legends-class figures. Before that... RiD? oh, no, wait. Energon. Huh.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

"in short"? Where's the fun in that? ;-)

[bites tongue (because i type with my tongue, doesn't everybody?) and waits for more replies]
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

That G2 Sideswipe (MP) looks pretty sharp! If I were just collecting based on coolness factor and not G1 cartoon accuracy within my MP lineup....Sideswipe version #1 would be getting sold off right now.