Toy fair 2014 a Transformers Pictures

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Toy fair 2014 a Transformers Pictures

Post by SentinelPrime »

I just viewed the latest toy fair pictures posted at Seibertron.com. There are going to be some really cool figures coming out!

Love the G1 evasion Optimus Prime:(How is this going to play in the upcoming movie???)

Love the G1 Skyfire/Jetfire:

Movie Grimlock....he is gonna be a HUGE figure!

THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
trance
Site Admin

Re: Toy fair 2014 a Transformers Pictures

Post by trance »

Cool, wish I could attend one of those :)

How big is that....Bumblebee(?) thing?
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Roadbuster is the only figure I'm definitely getting. Preordering him, not going to take the chance of never seeing him in stores. Jetfire? I already own the Classics version w/ Reprolabels. If I see him in stores, I'll probably grab him. MP Grimlock making another round to TRU is good for those that need him, but the colors seem off. Maybe it's just me. :?
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Love the Skyfire and the grimmy is pretty gnarly lookin in robot mode. Might have to look for them.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

[quote=Trance]How big is that....Bumblebee(?) thing?[/quote]
Be glad we upgraded to the bigger photo booth.

BIGGEST TOY IS BEST TOY!

Evasion Optimus and Jetfire look pretty nice, but I have a bone to pick: I dislike this trend towards making figures bigger, at the expense of no parts having a clean back side. Everything's just open and hollow. Look at Grimlock's legs. Are those holes just for spiders to hide in? Imagine if they started building cars like that:

Who wants to ride shotgun?

Also, the "mini" optimus figure looks exactly like the $0.50 Burger King Optimus from a couple movies back.
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I'm getting 2 Jefires for sure.
PETER IS GOD!Image
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Thanks for the pics, SentinelPrime!

Notice the Shattered Glass Decepticon red insignia on the Age of Extinction T-shirt.

Evasion Optimus is interesting... Not my favorite depiction of G1 Optimus, but good to see movie Optimus getting his GEEWUN on. i, too, wonder how this form will come into play.

Skyfire looks good, nicely balancing the G1 cartoon character model, the G1 Jetfire toy's antennae, and a more realistic vehicle mode. For some reason, though, i keep getting a really strong Six-Gun vibe from him. i think it's the color of his guns/boosters/accessories. Not objectionable, just... weird.

Not enough data on Roadbuster, although what i can see looks decent. Not enough interest in Sky-Byte to talk about him.

The dino's 'bot mode chest reminds me of BW Megatron. Legs too, come to think of it. Planned redeco, i wonder? The robot head and colors kind of remind me of G1 Unicron, but i'm sure that's not intentional.
Time Traveller wrote:
Trance wrote:How big is that....Bumblebee(?) thing?
Be glad we upgraded to the bigger photo booth.

BIGGEST TOY IS BEST TOY!

Evasion Optimus and Jetfire look pretty nice, but I have a bone to pick: I dislike this trend towards making figures bigger, at the expense of no parts having a clean back side. Everything's just open and hollow. Look at Grimlock's legs. Are those holes just for spiders to hide in? Imagine if they started building cars like that:

Who wants to ride shotgun?
Alternate mode for the new TFL RPG! (Minnie is a Triple Changer, vehicle mode pictured above. Not shown: robot mode and shotgun mode.)

Good point about open, hollow toy parts. Just to play devil's advocate, though, 1) most TFs in the live-action films have "no parts having a clean back side"--and i'm talking about the characters, not the toys, so maybe the toy is just show accurate, 2) i might prefer the superior structural integrity of the exposed latticework rather than using that plastic to encase a hollow leg in a fragile eggshell of sorts [although, as you say, shrinking the toy down solves that problem by allowing the reallocation of material to filling the hollow and strengthening the shell], and 3) as a representation of the character, you can mostly mentally extrapolate how the legs would look solid, and not only do toymakers have to contend with kids who believe "BIGGEST TOY IS BEST TOY!", but maybe the size has something to do with keeping the toys to scale with each other?

...Nah.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

For the record, Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime.

Also, I recently took delivery of my Beast Hunters Voyager Prime (II). He is much bigger than Beast Hunters Voyager Prime (I), but worse in every possible other way. But hey, they've ballooned him out to the size of a leader, so it's still better, right?

As for the exposed 'latticework', there's another potential solution to the strength problem, while actually having some molded, non-"Bionicle" surfaces: material quality.