Seeker jet front landing gears/the reissue effect

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Seeker jet front landing gears/the reissue effect

Post by Time Traveller »

seeker jet front landing gears have always been too expensive :x . my question is, is there a way to tell the original gears from those off of reissues, or even the generation 2 seekers, for that matter? i feel very uncomfortable about the idea of people buying a reissue seeker, and selling the landing gear for $15 as an original! how many other parts are indistinguishable? :?
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I can only suggest you to buy parts stated as vintage ones from trusted sellers only, as it implies spending on a more expensive item than a reissue.
I can say that there is no way to tell if you are being tricked with a fake or a reissue landing gear from a picture. The reissues are almost the same as the originals, you can only see the differences when you are looking very close.
This recommendation extends to any expensive item. It is very easy to pass a fake with a digital picture.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

the frustration in the eyes of your avatar reflect me perfectly when i'm trying to decide what tf's to invest my money on :roll:
if you have the parts in hand, what ways are there to tell? or aren't there any? i have an eye for plastic types/ compositions, so i could probably pick out fakes, but if they are using the same grade plastic, is there a molding clue to discern by?
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

I don't have both type of parts on my hands, sorry. But maybe Matt (trance) has.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Trance, post up! what do you know about these infintly troublesome wheels-on-a-stick?