requesting CHUG Wheeljack help

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Rhymus
City Commander

requesting CHUG Wheeljack help

Post by Rhymus »

i have recently acquired a secondhand CHUG Wheeljack. Amusingly (at least to me), he is missing almost exactly the same parts as my old secondhand G1 Wheeljack:

G1
missing weapons/accessories
missing wings
missing side panels
missing right forearm

CHUG
missing weapons/accessories
missing left wing/side panel
missing right arm
missing "toes"

BACK ON TOPIC (acronym: BOT)
i think i've figured out how to correctly transform CHUG Wheeljack, except for his forearm. i can't seem to position it so it doesn't get in the way of properly connecting the rear of the vehicle to the rest of the vehicle. (i almost managed it once, but i know that solution was wrong because there was no room for the second arm he's supposed to have.)

Also, it seems to me that (when starting from vehicle mode) you can't lower his side panels (for flight mode or robot mode) until you extend his legs (tab on side panel tucks inside leg), but you can't extend his legs until you open his "cockpit" (tabs on "cockpit canopy" plug into legs), but you can't open his "cockpit" until you lower his side panels (rearview mirrors on side panels hold "cockpit canopy" closed). i've been able to work around the problem because my CHUG Wheeljack is missing a side panel, so the "cockpit" only has to get around one mirror instead of being clamped between two of them... but the toy is supposed to have two, so there must be a correct order i haven't figured out for these three steps.

One more thing: His front wheels are mounted on levers that swing the wheels from their vehicle mode position (by his robot mode's shins) to a lower position (closer to his ankles). However, these levers do not swivel smoothly, but feel like they're scraping against something, or like they're supposed to be mounted on a ratcheting mechanism but don't quite line up right.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: requesting CHUG Wheeljack help

Post by Time Traveller »

Couple things: to get his arms lined up, the shoulders should be rotated so that the ball is visible from the top of the vehicle mode position. Then, the arms should be rotated to the part of the lower arm with the holes in it is facing the rear decklid. Rotate the hands so the fingers are curling toward the front of the car. There are tabs inside the decklid that plug into the arms when the decklid is still vertical, then the whole thing kind of rolls shut.

As for the door panels, try sliding out the hinge on the bottom of the car. this should give enough slack to pull the panel's front hook out and open the wing without fully transforming him.

Your ankle hinge shouldn't drag, minute dirt granules trapped in there?
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Re: requesting CHUG Wheeljack help

Post by Sideways »

I have a spare you can have for parts. no weapons. his arms dont stay on too well.