Creative idea needed...

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Perceptor
Alternator

Creative idea needed...

Post by Perceptor »

OK... Goofy question, about G1 Minibots...

Bumblebee had a Red variant. Cliffjumper had a yellow one. Now, personally, I think that if you have all four, then it's silly (not to mention confusing to their Autobot comrades) to have two different bots going by the same name. SO I'm renaming them, and I want some name ideas.

Not for the Red Bumblebee. That one's obivous. There's only one name for a Red VW Beetle TF and that's LADYBUG.

But for the life of me, I can't see anything nearly that perfect to call the Yellow Cliffjumper.

Any suggestions?
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: Creative idea needed...

Post by Time Traveller »

Long time, no see, niceguy! I like your idea. Since the Bee mold has already been repurposed as Glyph, I guess a female character works! The South American name for the Cliffjumper mold is "Carrera" (the Bumblebee mold is "Volks"), so I guess that's how I've thought of mine. To pick something a little more Transformers-y, though, how about Oversteer?
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

I love the the South American issues! Carerra, Volks and Camaro, as I recall. Re-colos of Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and also Windcharger, right? I'd love to get my hand on some of them! (Also - the a red variant of BUMPER?! I've NEVER see that one come up on ebay!)

But... Oversteer... I like it. A name for a panic response for a sports car who's "Yellow" (the color of fear.) That fits very nicely.
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Red Bumper was only released in Japan under Microchange. If anyone tells you they got it on a TF card, they're full of slag! (Trance, get that cobbled-together red Bumper out of the archive already! It's not real!)
Speaking of the South American releases, I always thought Camaro was an odd name for a Firebird ;)

You should check out my archive articles on these guys:
http://www.transformerland.com/show_par ... 23&genid=1
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

i want credit for coming up with these, you understand me? Because i'm selfish like that. i'm just here to brag about my brilliant ideas.

yellow Cliffjumper: Yellowstone

Tap-Out is a green Cliffjumper redeco and Hubcap is a yellow Cliffjumper retool. Hub-Tap is a fan fiction character concept of mine based on the yellow Cliffjumper figure, and hails from an alternate G1 universe.

Hub-Tap hangs out with another fan fiction character concept of mine: Glyphjumper! Native to the same alternate G1 universe as Hub-Tap, Glyphjumper has the same body-type as Glyph, Bumblebee, and Volks, with Glyph's gender, voice, and function, but Cliffjumper's personality.

(i came up with Ladybug, too--i won't claim to be the only one, because clearly i'm not--but i figure her existence does not conflict with Glyphjumper's any more than Shattered Glass Wheeljack's existence conflicts with Slicer's, or Shattered Glass Ravage's with Glit's.)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

You and your continuity headaches. What about Rook, huh? Windrooker? Rookcharger? Roger? I think I'll go with Roger. He's like Rook, but without a keychain loop on his bumper. You can repurpose him as Shattered Future Universe Transtech Windrooker ;)
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

If red = ladybug, then yellow should = dandelion or daisy
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

:lol: Ladybug is a little girly :wink:
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

How about YELLOWJACKET?
Time Traveller wrote:What about Rook, huh? Windrooker? Rookcharger? Roger? I think I'll go with Roger. He's like Rook, but without a keychain loop on his bumper. You can repurpose him as Shattered Future Universe Transtech Windrooker ;)
TWO capital T's in TransTech, time traveller. ;-) If you don't capitalize the second T, you get Shattered Transtech Future Universe Windrooker (aka STFU Windrooker), who's a redeco of Crosswise. Both toys are sold in Japanese markets as Roger.

Also, before i thought up Glyphjumper and Hub-Tap, i thought of numerous others from their reality, including Shockcharger, a redeco of Windcharger colored like G1 Shockwave (possibly in his Action Master colors).
Time Traveller wrote:You and your continuity headaches.
Okay, are you kidding, or do you honestly dislike my explorations and extrapolations of the TF multiverse? i really like that TF fiction canonically allows for a multiverse, not only as a means of explaining away continuity errors (like red Bumblebee and yellow Cliffjumper) but also as a limitless pool of "What if?" accessible to canon and fanfic writers/toymakers/kitbashers/etc.
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The multiverse is great... As great as any poor excuse to retconning in the numerous sloppy errors of official media can be :)

Also, lack of official multiverses hasn't stopped fanfics about any other fiction.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

So will we see Bizarro style TF's? Would be funny to hear Grimlock speak like an english gentleman.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Rhymus wrote:How about YELLOWJACKET?
and, um, Yellow-track-it?