Black Jazz/Stepper

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Black Jazz/Stepper

Post by Commander Megatron »

When in Belfast with RP I purchased a Black variant of Jazz with a targetmaster companion. Does anyone 1 now why he has a targetmaster, is it rare? I have no idea so help. (Jose, TT I am counting on you 2 :!: )
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Stepper is part of the Japanese series, I think Masterforce. Some other old figures were adapted to suit that environment and had new colors and received Targetmaster weapons in some cases. Stepper or Ricochet is perhaps by now the most common because of the reissues. Inferno was also repainted in white and had a Targetmaster (called "Artfire"). Its price is prohibitive (more than 1K mint boxed).

Other figures which followed a similar path are Nightbeat (Minerva or Minelba; recolored in white), Soundwave (Soundblaster, recolored in black and with a bigger tape deck) and Blaster (Twincast, recolored in blue and yellow). While the first is very high priced and the first mass-produced female Transformer character, the other two have been reissued and can be found for a reasonable price, albeit not dirty cheap.

I hope this helps.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

excellent jose, you have cleared that right up for me. Thankyou
Jose

Post by Jose »

You're welcome, Mark.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Hey Bagales! Have ya bought that book The Transformers The Ultimate Guide? It's an awesome book!!
Jose

Post by Jose »

I don't, but I have seen it. It's fun to look at, but it's more a miscellaneous topic book. It doesn't focus at any specific thing, but carries on comics, anime and some toys. I even got surprised at seen a playworn figure pictured (can't remember which one). In my opinion is good for a starter who likes the whole Transformers phenomenon, but not so good for the obsessive.

As you are recently knowing the people, I tell you abot me, that I focus on toys, rather than the series, and I prefer those which have a "pre-Transformers" behind, which were mostly issued until 1985. I do make exceptions (I have some Micromasters), but they are few.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Do ya ever collect the Armadas or Energons??
Jose

Post by Jose »

No, they are off limits to me. Almost all new stuff is, if not all.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Why is that? What about the new classics?
Commander Megatron

Bagales is like 90% of us G1 only. There are afew who take an interest in the other production lines tho, like TT, my fellow admin
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Oh, well I wanna start getting the G1's. I had several as a kid of course but they're all gone now! When I get out of the military and move back home to Alabama I want a room to myself, full of shelves just for my Transformers and my computer. That would be awesome!!
Jose

Post by Jose »

SoundWave wrote:Why is that? What about the new classics?
Mostly because those figures, and almost all which were crafted in 1986 as original molds, get away from the old late 70s robot style which Microchange and Diaclone figures captured well and is what I like the most.

As you can see, almost all of the Microman and Diaclone figures - except Gears - are real objects/vehicles, which are quite accurate. As for those which come from other series - Omega, Deluxe figures, Shockwave -, they are in the line of the old Japanese robots. Gnaw, Galvatron, Kup, for example, are a complete different style, which is not what I'm keen on.

I have made exceptions however, I have G2 figures - although I care mostly for those which are G1 repaints -, I like the three cars from RiD and as I mentioned at the start of the thread, I also find interesting this new Astrotrain and Starscream. Alternators are a good idea, but they are too big, so in my opinion they don't accomplish their task very well, because the detail is ho-hum for a 1:24 scale car - it's unavoidable with all the extra hinges - and they are very fragile - Binaltechs suffer the same problem, I guess it's the price for the extra poseability.

In overall, I like old toys. The figures released up to 1985 and few beyond are what I look for.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Aint nothing wrong with that! WHat I didnt really take a liking to about the Armada and the Energon series was the Cartoony look to the figures but they are Transformers so I have a ton of them!!
Commander Megatron

get yourself a load of the G1 figures, I myself am starting to gather them up again. Looking for a few Decepticons...
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Ah yes. i got my first g1 yeterday. Ricochet!!