Optimus Prime is mine

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Optimus Prime is mine

Post by Shockwave »

I have finally got me a Optimus Prime in the box!!! only thing missing is the hose,which am trying to order from website,its not the grey roller verison,but thats ok.Am so close to getting all the G1's I wanted,which is about 10 maybe 15 in all,just found out my Hook dosen't have the peg anymore to make Devastator's arm attach grrrr!! Well thought I share my happy day with those who don't think am a 32 year old nerd hehe well maybe ya do. :oops:
Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Good job on finding the Optimus Prime, the rolling junk heap! What G1s are you hoping to get or have you already got!
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

wasn't the original prime shipped with a blue roller anyways? I know the one I had as a kid had a blue one and I'm not much younger than you.
Commander Megatron

Mine had a blue roleer as well, but in the cartoons he was grey.
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

I believe the pre-rub prime had grey roller,I still need thundercracker (not in box cause he was my least fav. jet.) I should be getting Jazz and Brawn soon,I missed my chance to buy Jazz's box from store :cry: I may get Mirage,Hound,maybe few more, these will be loose ones unless I just stumble on them or there box for sale,I really just want the first line of the toys that came out in 1984.But time will tell am just happy with what I got now,only reason I got Prime cause years ago my mom order him through the mail,and I got a my little pony set instead,and my mom would not send it back,I was scared for life,so now I got em,I know a sad story.
Commander Megatron

WHAT! HOW THE HELL CAN YOU MIX UP A MY LITTLE PONY WITH A TRANSFORMER! Never mind, after that story I am delighted that you have got him, I hope it eases the pain!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Congratulations on your find. The hose is the most difficult part - however, it's way too easy to make up, just use a common batteries cable without the cooper; besides rubber parts always perish with age -, but having the fists and gun makes immediately the difference.

The first batch of Primes had gray roller, missiles and gas setup, plus "bloated" fists - they have the thumbs extended across the indexes, while the later and more common issues have the thumbs closing the other fingers; besides the bloated variant fists have a wider peg - and a fat gun. This can be seen in the boxart and the 1984 and 1985 catalogs. The trailer also has metal parts to allow the Diaclone drivers to get sticked to it, as they had magnetic feet. Mine is the later 1985 Prime and I have heard the early Primes have a different tone of purple.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Shockwave
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Shockwave »

Yes the pain has eased some hehe right now I got the DVD 20th anv. movie in getting ready to watch
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Skywarp G1 wrote:But time will tell am just happy with what I got now,only reason I got Prime cause years ago my mom order him through the mail,and I got a my little pony set instead,and my mom would not send it back,I was scared for life,so now I got em,I know a sad story.
Oh my, that does sound traumatizing. But it sounds like you're on your way to a full recovery--I'm relieved. :wink:
Commander Megatron

It must have been quite a shock, I know I would have been too :oops: to even mention it!