FORTRESS MAXIMUS KOREAN REISSUE

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Galvatronics

FORTRESS MAXIMUS KOREAN REISSUE

Post by Galvatronics »

[color=darkblue]ANyone seen that Korean Fortress Maximus that is being sold at a few "quality" TF stores. They say it's actually a very good copy of the japanese one that's come out recently. It's just called Fort Max and is apparently made of good plastic instead of crappy bootleg stuff. I'm thinking of getting one and sticking some autobot faction stickers on it to make it look more authentic.
OH MY GOD, I just realised I only own Autobots and only maybe two decepticons, both of which are megatron in one form or another. Yike.
Stoopid Megatron.....too hard to transform...grumble grumble...little brother snaps arm off...grumble grumble....brain little brother with Metroplex......grumble grumble....break Metroplex's shin pads off.....grumble grumble.
I want a Jetfire and an Omega Supreme...should I just wait for the reissues or will they not make them because like the Fortress Maximus Reissue they won't pass the drop test?
It's a mystery!
AFGirl[/color]
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

It's improbable that a reissue of the Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx and Jetfifre is coming. My reason to think that is that they weren't made originally by Takara, but Toy Box and Matsushiro/Bandai respectively.
If you are after a reissue of Jetfire, the closest thing you can get is a Bandai Valkyrie, the Roy fokker'sone has even all the armor that Jetfire has, but it's kinda pricey. For something more you can go for a vintage complete Jetfire.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

screw the "drop test" honestly, do you know how many beast wars would have actually passed? and do they actually expect us to blelieve that the big transmetals optimus prime did NOT explode on contact with the ground? that thing is just plain brittle!

as for the three aforementioned reissue desires, i would doubt them not because they were originally made by takara, who now owns probably all of the molding and liscensing of them, but more because other than jetfire, the two did break easy, and omega contained so many parts, both concepts which hasbro has shyed away from. also, their motorization techniques need to be addressed. they are primitive and obsolete systems, which drink batteries quickly , and don't have much in the way of manual override/stress compensation. like the armada prime trailer, where the motor can be running, and nothing will break if you force a piece against the direction of a motor.

the jetfire reiss is unlikely because of one thing, if you ask me: cost. this thing has a lot of parts that would be difficult to mold, the armor is brittle unless made out of expensive flexible-yet-tough plastics, and there is a lot of metal involved. hasbro doesn't like expense. have you noticed that there isn't a single armada figure with chrome on it?
Last edited by Time Traveller on Sat May 31, 2008 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Another fact: Hasbro doesn't like thosee very big figures due those BM Jetstorms, Cheetors warming pegs. They thought that they didn't sell well due to their size and they were too bulky for the sellers.

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post,but here it goes again if you need it.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

the cheetor was excessive. being a completest, i bought one. he isn't even more complex or anything than the $10 one. however, i did like the big jetfire. i think hasbro realizes that to today's parents, toys are discardables, not collectibles. :cry: