Opening sealed packages to remove batteries

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

smaughanster
Noob

Opening sealed packages to remove batteries

Post by smaughanster »

I was just wondering what the general consensus is on opening up sealed packages to remove batteries for the safety of the toy during long-term storage. Case in point: I've got a 25th Anniversary Optimus Prime and Hardhead both of with have active electronics while still being sealed in their original packaging. I've been kicking around the idea of opening them up just enough to remove the batteries to prevent any battery leakage/corrosion damage.

Now the main question, as I see it, would opening said package to remove batteries in anyway detract from the overall value/price of items like this?
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Re: Opening sealed packages to remove batteries

Post by skywarp408 »

Once it's opened, the value is lost. I took batteries out of a few Transformers.
PETER IS GOD!Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

If value is of concern then don't do it. Like Skywarp said, value is lost. Those looking for MIB will never treat it as so if the seal is broken..... even though you admittedly said the toys will be removed for battery removal LOL.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

The only real value that would be lost concerning MISB vs MIB Tf'ers are G1 figures. Everything else was so mass produced that most people just want the toy, box and inserts in decent condition and you removing the batteries is the safe bet and way to go.