My Tokyo G1 Optimus Prime's Box has a batch number: 351/8898

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Sega F355
Noob

My Tokyo G1 Optimus Prime's Box has a batch number: 351/8898

Post by Sega F355 »

My made in Tokyo G1 Optimus Prime's box has a batch number: 351 of 8898 ("351/8898")

I bought it in Wimbledon close to when they were released over here.

I'd seen an advert for the Matsushiro transforming air plane which I can only think was some kind of test-marketing spot because I ran around for what I remember feeling like months shouting "Matsushiro Plane" at anyone who would listen to me and could never find one (I think even got my mum to ring Harrods (I live in London and bought the Optimus Prime in Wimbledon)).

I just cleaned out a cupboard and found some old toys and it suddenly struck me after I'd stuck the thing on eBay that it had a batch number (or was part of a numbered lot).

I was re-photographing it to put it back on eBay and noticed it was actually manufactured in Japan.

I must have been so used to the box (having owned it for such a long time that I just didn't see what I was looking at).

I guess my question is, does this the batch number label/sticker make it more valuable?

I've attached a photo.
Attachments
Pictures of the box. With batch number sticker and place of manufacture.
Pictures of the box. With batch number sticker and place of manufacture.
Batch number cropped for size.jpg (198.58 KiB) Viewed 1752 times
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Re: My Tokyo G1 Optimus Prime's Box has a batch number: 351/

Post by Jose »

I don't think it makes it more valuable. However, that sticker is part of the history of that toy, like the price tags.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
yunoyuluvit
Noob

Re: My Tokyo G1 Optimus Prime's Box has a batch number: 351/

Post by yunoyuluvit »

Unfortunately, it's an Argos catalogue code.