Combiner Wars

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Combiner Wars

Post by duttry98 »

Anyone seeing these hit the shelves yet? I believe some of the online outfits have them already, not 100% on that tho.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Re: Combiner Wars

Post by Countdown »

Haven't seen them in Dayton, OH - yet. I gave up and ordered them from Hasbro. They were out of Powerglide and Bombshell tho. :(
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

for many reasons i'm going to have to wait for the second release of wave 1 +
(also refuse to pay online rape prices for these)

i've heard that the "re-stock" of wave 1 as well as wave 2 will come with the combiner wars comics :mrgreen:
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Hasbro's toy shop had fair prices. The prices were only about a buck more than retail. Wish there was a coupon code. I didn't pay for shipping since I bit the bullet and did them all at once, too. Usually I dislike hts since they don't keep the figs instock very well imo. At least the ones I am interested in.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

The prices at TFSource and BBTS didn't seem horrible on them. I'll have to price shop them against HTS.
F18Starscream
Powermaster

Post by F18Starscream »

I was fortunate enough to walk in to my local Target and pick them (4) when they were on sale. Haven't found Powerglide, Bombshell or windcharger or Thundercracker. Silverbolt has not been seen around here either.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Been to 3 TRU & 3 Wallys this weekend looking for these things...... nothing! Found boat loads of those sh#tty movie and masher turds tho *facepalm*.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

This guy's a lot of fun! A bit out of proportion (he has monkey arms), but fun none the less!
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Anyone know when Quickslinger and Break-neck will release online? Is it already out? Should I get it from ebay for $60+? Or is it going to release to other online stores soon?
Nemesis Prime
Throttlebot

Post by Nemesis Prime »

Countdown wrote:Anyone know when Quickslinger and Break-neck will release online? Is it already out? Should I get it from ebay for $60+? Or is it going to release to other online stores soon?
From what the interwebz says, they will be available 5/22/15 to online retailers.
Toys-R-Us, Wal-Mart, Amazon and BBTS to name a few. Robot Kingdom had them, shipped out 5/1 and is now restocking for "late may"
Sideways
Autobot Scientist

Post by Sideways »

I'm starting to see Wave 2 Deluxes hit only my local walmart. Everywhere else only seems to have wave one. ToysRus near me had wave 2 voyager for a short time, and they disappeared, never to return. Luckt I got my hands on motormaster.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

So Bruticus was announced! And, Blastoff has been revealed as a...

airplane. :(

I would have thought that the Blades/alpha bravo/etc mold would have been perfect to remold as a space shuttle. The entire front half of that mold SCREAMS space shuttle to me ( - even when I was transforming it my fiance said - that's not a helicopter, that's a space shuttle). What does anyone else think?

Ooh, and on an off topic note - anyone excited about any of the most recent announcements? Skylinx anyone????
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Countdown wrote:So Bruticus was announced! And, Blastoff has been revealed as a...

airplane. :(

I would have thought that the Blades/alpha bravo/etc mold would have been perfect to remold as a space shuttle. The entire front half of that mold SCREAMS space shuttle to me ( - even when I was transforming it my fiance said - that's not a helicopter, that's a space shuttle). What does anyone else think?

Ooh, and on an off topic note - anyone excited about any of the most recent announcements? Skylinx anyone????
Yea that whole thing with Blast Off is a whole lotta NOPE in my book. I was very happy with my Fansproject Bruticus....., till Generation Toys announced their Gravity Builder (Devastator) which has the same appeal as Warbotron's Bruticus. Needless to say I'm on board for the Gravity Builder which forced my hand to buy a Warbo Bruty. I'm willing to bet Hasbro will do like they did with Menasor... Wildrider.... and release a proper Blast Off. Or, third party will come to the rescue. Either way, I'll get one for the son to play with, but one will not grace the Detolf.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Yeah, I can see Hasbro doing that... It'll be another wildrider scenario like you said. Online only specialty retailers that may or may not leak to retailers.

I've had a hell of a time lately on the search for Groove. Just no luck. About to give in and order him in. Was hoping not to have to pay shipping....
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

I haven't seen Groove in the wild yet either. Ironically enough, my local Wally the other day had all the new Protectobots (minus Groove & Hot Spot) on the pegs. They never have jack shit for TF's! Needless to say I left them... kinda wish I didn't now. They'll never have them again LOL.
SentinelPrime
Autobot Legend

Post by SentinelPrime »

I have not been overly excited about the lastest Combiner Wars Gestalts. The only ones I am interested in purchasing is Devastator and Bruticus. I already have Superion with Slingshot. Not that impressed with the Stunticons/Menasor. The Computron figure looks too much like Superion. Have some interest in maybe buying the all female figures for the Victorion. They are pictured on Seibertron.com.

I have ALL the originally G1 Gestalts figures. Love them all. Wish Hasbro would go back to the Slot/Rachet joint connections. That is the best and most solid connection for the figures. I really miss the days when the figures had real rubber tires, diecast metal parts and self applying sticker sets! All this cheap crappy plastic figures suck. I also cannot stand most of the new TV series Robots in Disguise figures. They are cheap,plastic and just plain ugly looking.
THE PROTECTOR OF CYBERTRON
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

I would have to say that right now CW Defensor trumps them all!! Superion looks gangly and ill proportioned, and Menasor has thos weird birthing hips and is unstable. Hot Spot for some reason makes me feel like I'm 8 yrs old again. He has a "retro-G1" feel to him.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

My Hotspot arrived today... didn't have time to open him.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

How well do these scale with 3rd party combiners? I want to get on board with CW Defensor but need to know how well it would scale with the TFC Uranos I already own.
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Hopefully Duttry98 can answer that as I don't own a single third party combiner. One of these days, though. :?