Post some pics of YOUR collection! here are a few of mine.

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Very impresssive Bagales, I am kicking myself that I gave all mine away!!
Jose
Diaclone General, Enemy of Waruder!

Post by Jose »

Thanks... Since I don't go for anything beyond 1985 (certain exceptions made, there are Micromasters, for example) I look for other things to keep the hunt interesting. My first goal was to complete the autobot cars, and now I am after the major variations (noticeable from one arm of distance at least). So now I'm missing the police Sunstreaker and Red Alert (Diaclone), G2 Sideswipe, yellow Sideswipe and Police (Deep Cover), almost all the Dinobots, etc. I have a list with figures I'm missing and it's three times what I have already! And yes, they are mostly variants... May you never go for that path, it's insane, costs a lot of money and can be very difficult... But it's when it becomes interesting. :D
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

hey, nice collection! and it's so sunny there...
i'd like to know more about that macross sdf-1 fortress guy, i've got a boxed one that i wouldn't mind selling, and i don't know much about macross.
Jose

Post by Jose »

You'd better go and watch Robotech, as for script it is way better than Transformers. A personal favorite I have to say.

Going to the SDF-1, there are old and new ones, being stamped by Takatoku the older and Bandai the newer. The Takatoku models came with small valkyries which were in appropiate scale for the aircraft carriers (very small). I have never inspected a Takatoku in real life, so I don't know if they have other differences like shooting launchers or such. The Bandai models are basically the same, but issued for Robotech (it has Macross stamped on its food though) and they don't have the small planes. In the USA these were packaged by Matchbox (so the SDF1 is a great crossover for me). Both versions are expensive, but a complete Takatoku pays the premium over the premium. It also matters how yellowed it is and the antennae (mine has most broken). About prices, a good loose one can fetch easily USD100. A friend of mine paid... Much more than that for a boxed Matchbox SDF1 (shipping and customs to Chile make these things awfully expensive).

A good resource I use is this page: http://1500bc.com/pretf/pretf.html

Contains great info for a starter on old robots, and it's in English. Shows many catalog pictures which most of the time have prototypes.

By the way, that day was sunny, but the next it rained. It's coming the spring though and it's getting warmer.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

Bagales, the big guy above your head on your right is that sixshot?
Commander Megatron

How long did it take you to gather all them up?
Jose

Post by Jose »

Mark,

Sixshot is off-limits. I reckon you mean the SDF-1 -blue, white - (Robotech).

I have been collecting sine 2001, but it's from the last year I put the hard-core gear on. Got a job, but no responsabilities - I'm not married - so it was a paved road to get better pieces.

Currently, I'm not working as I am dedicated fully to my final exams - gotta get that degree once and for all! It needs a lot of time - no building can be made with a miracle, that's the architect's life. It also means I have to sacrifice the budget for Transformers and cars and put in cardboard, glue, and all the other stuff required.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

Oops Im not to up in the toys its been that long since I have had them. Just think, get the degree and with all the money you make you can get all the 'bots you are mising! Good luck!
Jose

Post by Jose »

Thanks... I'm working hard to finally get out of the college.
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

You will be fine, we all have faith in you Jose
Jose

Post by Jose »

You do...? :lol:

I hope to be able to make it on time, otherwise you'll see many Transformers for sale at half price at local auction sites! :lol:
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
Commander Megatron

Let me have first Refusal :lol: . You won'y be selling them my friend, you will be fine.
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Here's some of mine that I have here with me! Sorry people, don't have any old ones YET!!!

Some kool, new Dinotbots!!

My New Awesome SOUNDWAVE!!!

And some Alternaters!!!

Sorry some of the pics are blurry!! I've been usin my webcam for pics, but this Saturday I'm gonna get me a digital camera!! Hope ya like my pics!!
Jose

Post by Jose »

You are forgiven, Jason! :D

By the way, since you mention you are going to purchase a new camera: Define what do you want it for, if you need it to put pictures on the web and nothing else, don't mind for the magapixels. If you are taking pictures to small details, be sure you get a camera with a good macro feature (minimum 20cm). My camera is a Kodak DC215, I bought it second hand from ePrey for EUR37.00 shipped, has only 1 megapixel and this far has done well (see my other published pictures or take a quick look at my website, although it's not finished and I take even better pictures now).
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

Kool. Thanks for the info!!
Commander Megatron

Jose, you know about everything!
Jose

Post by Jose »

Commander Megatron wrote:Jose, you know about everything!
I wish I knew more about women, but I don't think it's possible. :lol: I mean, to understand ther logic? They always catch me off guard. :lol:
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl
SoundWave
City Commander

Post by SoundWave »

I got my new Camera! It is great! Very good one!
Commander Megatron

Never trust an animal you can't train yourself, cats,snakes women!
Jose

Post by Jose »

Commander Megatron wrote:Never trust an animal you can't train yourself, cats,snakes women!
Beware what you say, Mark. Arcee can put you out of service. :lol:
Jose Miguel Vargas

www.diecastchile.cl