Post some pics of YOUR collection! here are a few of mine.

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Re: Post some pics of YOUR collection! here are a few of min

Post by Roadbuster »

I have a Soundwave that plays MP3's. He doesn't look like an iPod either. :P
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

As long as he's "Spark Blue", and not "iPod White" ;)
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

Spark Blue is sitting on my desk now. :) He's my CHUG stand in. Haven't actually used the mp3 part, but he's a neat figure.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Question: is CHUG in general use in the fandom, or is it just this forum?
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

What is CHUG?
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

On a lark tonight I cleared off what I THOUGHT was enough shelf-space to display my '84-'85 (+Bruticus) G1 Collection. Um... Yeah, maybe one more shelf is needed. The Autobots were a wee bit cramped...

The Deceptions fared a little bit better, though I do have Devastator and Bruticus in their combined states...

It also doesn't help that the shelves don't fit squarely behind the door - hence the weird angle I took that at.

Between the two, that's every TF released in '84 and '85 (all are complete - minus a single missile of Swoop's) including the Mail-ins Reflector, Camshaft, Downshift and Overdrive. (But NOT the Powerdashers, which I don't plan on getting them anytime soon because they suck.) Also not shown in the top picture is my Wheeljack, who on display on my desk at work. (Becuase I too am a Mechanical Engineer, you see!) And on the far right of the Autobot pic is the on really cool piece I have: Bumper.

It might not be as extensive as most of y'all's collections, but these were the ones that came out when I was still young enough to enjoy playing with them, so they hold a special place for me.

(The '86 series is starting to grow on me - first Bruticus, and now Ultra Magnus, which I just bought off eBay today! :lol: I'll probably pick up a few of those, even though I don't remember them from my childhood.)
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

CHUG stands for classics henkei universe generations. Those are all the names Hasbro and Takara has given the figures that represent updated/modern G1 Characters.

And, after doing a google search, it seems that it is used elsewhere. I do agree it isn't real common tho.
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

Time Traveller wrote:As long as he's "Spark Blue", and not "iPod White" ;)
Oh yeah, he's Spark Blue. 8) Only way to go!
Countdown wrote:Spark Blue is sitting on my desk now. :) He's my CHUG stand in. Haven't actually used the mp3 part, but he's a neat figure.
He's my stand in CHUG Soundwave as well, but a bit undersized. I need a Soundwave that's Hegemon sized. :)
Countdown wrote:CHUG stands for classics henkei universe generations. Those are all the names Hasbro and Takara has given the figures that represent updated/modern G1 Characters.

And, after doing a google search, it seems that it is used elsewhere. I do agree it isn't real common tho.
CHUGURTS (Classics, Henkei, Universe, Generations, United and Reveal the Shield) if you want to cover all the bases. :wink:
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

Here's a video of the photos that I posted the other day. I moved them across more shelves, so they're not so crowded, and I took a close up of each one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2xBhAGAjTg[/url]
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

Nice video Niceguy :D
PETER IS GOD!Image
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Nice video, nice collection! It all looks in pretty cherry shape!

Bumper was part of the 1984 US series, just not officially. In Hasbro or Takara markets, I don't think Bumper was released OUTside of the US.

Microx was not the original. The Takara Microchange release said "Microx", but I don't think you had that one. :) After UMag, who's next?
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

Time Traveller wrote:After UMag, who's next?
THIS GUY:

This is the Superion I picked up last weekend. I'm a little bit concerned atually... He's in GREAT SHAPE, possibly... a little TOO good? :?

He came with the Box - which definitely looks every minute of 28 years old. It's still in one piece, but it's pretty rough - no doubt in my mind that it's legit.

The figures are all branded:

HASBRO '85
TAKARA '85
JAPAN

Except for Silverbolt, who's branded:

(C)HASBRO.1985
[a bunch of kanji]
(C)TAKARA CO. LTD
1985. JAPAN

...for what that's worth. (Checks out anyway.)

But like, when I got my Bruticus, the figures just seemed... OLDER. They looked good, but not nearly good enough to pass for brand new. (As in something that was KO'd within the past couple of years.) These? Well, you have to look pretty closely to see any signs of wear. Some dirt, some grime, some rust... But VERY little. And NO chrome wear. AT ALL. But then... I still have my original Slag, for example. And the chrome on him still looks 100% as well... I don't know... I guess I'm happy either way, the piece(s) look(s) great.
Last edited by Perceptor on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

We can't see your image. How are you hosting them/what is the URL?
Perceptor
Alternator

Post by Perceptor »

Did I fix it?
Countdown
Micromaster Commander

Post by Countdown »

yep
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Finally got some stuff to share, here ya go..........
Ebay scores...ImageImageImage
Stacks and Creepy were flea market finds......Image
The 6 on the right are KO's complete with everything to make Devastator. The guys on the left are all real deals and everythings there, minus Hook, to make Devastator(the Devastator components aren't pictured)Image
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

I got more coming in the mail, plus more pics to share, so I'll update/share as time allows. Gotta share some pics of the the hoard that my son and I play with. I'm also thinking about joining the TF Collectors Club so I can get some of their special releases and get the retail pieces that I'm sure will be impossible to find. Anyone here a member over there and reap those benefits? Please share your thoughts on the matter.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Here's some scraps from "lots" off the bay. They're all missing something somewhere, couple of them I would love to find parts for but I guess they'll hang in limbo for now.....Image
And here's my $9.00 Metroplex. He's missing just about eveything, including a right arm screw, but hey......., he was $9.00Image
Roadbuster
Ground Assault Commander

Post by Roadbuster »

duttry98 wrote:I'm also thinking about joining the TF Collectors Club so I can get some of their special releases and get the retail pieces that I'm sure will be impossible to find. Anyone here a member over there and reap those benefits? Please share your thoughts on the matter.
I've been a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors Club 2 out of the past 3 years (run by the same company: FunPub), and they had a database breach where all of the members credit/debit cards were hijacked. Not fun. :( But they seem to have learned from their mistakes since then...we all hope. As for their offerings. The FSS (Figure Subscription Service) is pretty cool (but PRICEY) and they usually put out a figure every month for 12 months as far as Joes are concerned. I think it's 6 figures per year on Tf'ers, so you'll have one come in every other month. These are just repaints, with slight retooling of existing molds however, but they try to fill holes in fans collections with figures Has/Tak hasn't made yet which is commendable. You'll also get a free magazine in the mail every month (trash) and a "free" figure for signing up. Usually that figure is the best they have to offer for the year and worth the ticket price.
duttry98
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by duttry98 »

Roadbuster wrote:
duttry98 wrote:I'm also thinking about joining the TF Collectors Club so I can get some of their special releases and get the retail pieces that I'm sure will be impossible to find. Anyone here a member over there and reap those benefits? Please share your thoughts on the matter.
I've been a member of the G.I. Joe Collectors Club 2 out of the past 3 years (run by the same company: FunPub), and they had a database breach where all of the members credit/debit cards were hijacked. Not fun. :( But they seem to have learned from their mistakes since then...we all hope. As for their offerings. The FSS (Figure Subscription Service) is pretty cool (but PRICEY) and they usually put out a figure every month for 12 months as far as Joes are concerned. I think it's 6 figures per year on Tf'ers, so you'll have one come in every other month. These are just repaints, with slight retooling of existing molds however, but they try to fill holes in fans collections with figures Has/Tak hasn't made yet which is commendable. You'll also get a free magazine in the mail every month (trash) and a "free" figure for signing up. Usually that figure is the best they have to offer for the year and worth the ticket price.
How is it with them regarding getting product out to members in a timely manner? I'm a member, well was anyway, of another market of toys collector site and they have the market cornered on backorder BS. It's so bad that I'll be receiving and paying for items from 2013 till AT LEAST april of this year. Dony want to get wrapped up in a scenario like that again.