Powerdasher question for the experts here...

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Perceptor
Alternator

Powerdasher question for the experts here...

Post by Perceptor »

Question about the G1 Powerdasher Jet type (Crona, I believe?)

I've got one that's broken and I want to replace it. The body is BLACK (with silver arms and a red head and legs). But all the ones I'm seeing for sale right now, including the one on this site, have a BLUE body(still with silver arms and a red head and legs).

So my question is... Which one was the version Hasbro was selling the US as a mail away, and which one was from Japan? Or is that even the difference? WHAT IS the difference, I guess?
"One's ultimate truth lies in one's molecular structure."
Moonspell
Noob

Re: Powerdasher question for the experts here...

Post by Moonspell »

I don't have answer to your post. But I like you have a question about Powerdasher. Specifically the car/F1 dasher. I have one but it does not match any of the pictures I have seen on the internet. Mine does not contain any chrome/silver for the legs or head. They are white. Some pictures I have see show yellow for the wheel rims but mine are white as well. In the middle where there circle on the body I have seen some say Takara but mine is just blank.
I am pretty sure this is not a knockoff as it has been in my possession since my childhood and I am in my mid-30s now. Any ideas as to if this is some sort of variation or not? I have included a scan of the figure for to show what I mean.
Attachments
PowerDasher 002.jpg
PowerDasher 002.jpg (74.67 KiB) Viewed 1832 times
skywarp408
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by skywarp408 »

I got a black body one like you. They were Hasbro I believe. Maybe they put out both in the US
PETER IS GOD!Image
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Correct me if I'm wrong, TT, but I believe the blue one is from Diaclone (or Diakron in the US), while the black one is the Hasbro mail away exclusive:

http://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy ... asher/217/

Surprised to hear however that there are so many blue body ones available :)