Titanium Toy Line

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Commander Megatron
Custom Rank 4 U! Ask an Admin!

Post by Commander Megatron »

Hey, Magnus could you have not taken it back, got your $ back then went somewhere else? Then been a bit more careful. :wink:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Well, when I say that the leg popped off, there was no break in the plastic. There is just a groove that the leg joint pops into that is somewhat wide for the actual joint. So nothing is "broken" but it is delicate. As far as going somewhere else? It is the only one I have ever seen. :) I have kept the receipt, and will most likely return it if I seem another in the next 90 days. If not, no big whoop, he will most often remain in robot form on a shelf. If I tansform him once for everytime he does in the episodes, I think I might pull off 3 or 4 times max? :)

I am satisfied with the design, overall. :) I plan to start showing gen 1 cartoon for my sons soon, and just want to reference it with guys that are in those episodes.
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

Ultra Magnus wrote:There is just a groove that the leg joint pops into that is somewhat wide for the actual joint. So nothing is "broken" but it is delicate.
I have the same problem with my Heroes of Cybertron Arcee--one of the pieces on her back just plops out every so often, it's extremely frustrating.
Commander Megatron

Can you not just super-glue that into place Arcee?
Arcee
Fembot Fatale

Post by Arcee »

I thought about doing that, but I wasn't sure if it would "ruin it" or something.
Commander Megatron

One of the red horns came off my Prowl statue I super-glued that back on and it was fine. Just use a little tiny bit, it does tend to melt the busts a tiny bit so be careful!!!
Cyclonus

Post by Cyclonus »

I have the Titanium Soundwave as well, its a design fault useless creatures these humans.
Commander Megatron

Its a wonder that they haven't picked up on this and called them back. Then again, for all they cost....
Rodimus Prime

Post by Rodimus Prime »

Heroes of cybertron figures are pvc. Super glue will melt the plastic badly. If it's that much of a hassle how about a little bit of pritt tac in the hole it might tighten it up.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

For PVC, I usually use rubber cement.

Now, for my review of Titanium Megatron.

First off let me just say that Galloob really did not want anyone to shop lift any piece of this guy. There were more twist ties holding this one in/up in the package that it took me 20 minutes to get the figure out of the plastic psuedo-bubble inside. Oh, and the right arm popped off in the process. ;)

The robot looks as I expected, a tribute to Gen 1 Megs, but obviously molded for a tank. Far more metal on this one than the Soundwave. The hands are shut into permanant fist, which was a bit disappointing. I was hoping to place the 20th anniversery Prime's Megatron style rifle in his hands as a further tribute, but that is a no go.

Transformation on the whole is simple, as long as you line everything up correctly (and I mean *just right*) the first time. I am a little disappointed also that the turrett does not swivel in the tank mode.

He will still look nice in my new growing collection, but overall this one is a C- (compared to Soundwave's B).
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

[quote="Ultra Magnus"]...First off let me just say that Galloob really did not want anyone to shop lift any piece of this guy. There were more twist ties holding this one in/up in the package that it took me 20 minutes to get the figure out of the plastic psuedo-bubble inside. Oh, and the right arm popped off in the process. ;)...[ /quote]

Welcome to modern toys.
I was at Armada Unicron for an hour on Xmas day before I got to play with him.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I hate them darn tootin things!! :evil:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Oh, I am used to then, with a 5 and 7 year old that I spoil rotten. However, it does seem a bit more extreme w/ transformers. I guess it is due more to the fact that with a little wiggle room in the package, the sliding or bending extra joints will cause the figure to pose in an unflattering position, or possibly damage.

The Titaniums specifically go a bit overboard to ensure that the bubble does not move either, though.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

Post by Galvatron »

I have searched all over and I cannot find a Titanium Ultra Magnus nowherer!!

I tried all the big shopping stores and comic book stores
Anywhere that might sale Transformers.

Nothing!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Thrust
City Commander

Post by Thrust »

I know where to get one but I won't mention the name or how much you have to pay for one. :x
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Internet scalper exclusive! Wooo!
Deszaras
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Deszaras »

I only have war within fallen and he was well packed. In the past being a keen electritian i had some capble cutters lying around and used them to releive my figures of there nasty restraits.
Sig currently not available:
Watch Dark Future animated:-
http://www.youtube.com/user/D4rkFuture?feature=mhee
Devastator
Gestalt Team Leader

Post by Devastator »

i only have 3 of the 6" figures. im not really that much of a fan. i think the prime figure sucks real bad!! the 3 i own are the only 3 ive seen which ive liked so far and they are ultra magnus, sunstorm and megatron.
Delita-1

Post by Delita-1 »

TRU had a couple of Titanium Soundwaves... I was in a buying mood so I picked one up, thought he looked pretty cool. Man, am I disappointed. He does look cool if you leave him in the package, but once you get him out & try to stand him up - GRRRR :evil: His legs are so loose he keeps squatting. He looks ridiculous. If I hold my breath, make him stand, and back away slowly, he'll stay in position for about 3 seconds. He's the first tf I've bought that I might actually take back.

On the plus side, I got Menasor, and well... I am in looooove.
Optimus Prime

Post by Optimus Prime »

Delita-1 wrote:
On the plus side, I got Menasor, and well... I am in looooove.
Oh brother. :roll: