Generations Legacy

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Generations Legacy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

So, the pre-order listings have hit, and we are finally moving on from WFC. The new flavor of CHUG+ is now called Generations legacy.

Based on the selection in the first wave, this line looks like it is just going to be a grab bag.

We have the leader class Gen2 recolor of Laser Prime with a trailer that does the missle tower thingy as opposed to the last time they took a swipe at this guy and gave us the triple changer. I wonder if we get Laser Magnus and Scourge this time around? Just fucking with you. They have never failed to flog these molds. He looks decent, but there is a definite feel of that sort of rubber plastic that could be dented by your fingernail with enough pressure. There is a glaring lack of chrome or metal feel to this one.

We have a deluxe Dragstrip. He looks about the same size as a Dark of the Moon scout class. At least he still has all six wheels.

Deluxe Kickback is next. I feel it safe to assume the other Insecticons will be in follow up waves.

We also get a deluxe Skids, again, but this one is more boxy. Honestly this is probably the winner of this wave. Just as you guys were praising WFC Tracks, this guy at least appears to be the winner of the "masterpiece in a smaller scale" award for now. Obviously, I am still only going by the promotional pics.

Next is Deluxe Arcee in the TF Prime style. So, blue motorcycle.

For the Voyagers, they have announced two, but one of the identities is being held back for now. The "secret" one is most likely a decepticon, as the Autobot is Bulkhead.

So, the Bulkhead is listed as "from across the Multiverse" so that seems ti mean "this figure is not directly based on Animated, as those guys were so stylized, they would not function if we tried to make them realistic.... so... here is something boxy with an Animated head sculpt." He transforms into what I can best describe as the cab of a garbage truck with the back end and tarp from and older style troop carrier.

So, it looks like we are possibly going to be getting the final dregs of the G1 in deluxe or better sizes in a CHUG+ style, but they are doing it somewhat cynically; and with that we will be getting some of the big names of the later stuff in a manner that kinda salute the material it is based on, but is more of "well, we released Jazz for a fifth time, now what?" kind of way.

Any excitement out of this for you guys?

EDIT: Re: Bulkhead...Upon further review if you squint really hard he kinda sort looks nothing like the Raba H25 Heavy utility truck.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: Generations Legacy

Post by Time Traveller »

Dear Hasbro,
Thank you for your interest in my 2009 fan-design character "Cambreaker" I'm surprised you found the photographed concept drawing on my long-inactive DeviantArt account, so I assume you carefully follow my online presence. I have chosen to waive my copyright protections on the fundamentals of this design and likeness to better enable you to reproduce him faithfully as a retool of your upcoming Legacy Bulkhead character. In addition, I assume this indicates your tacit endorsement of mutual consent, and I will be changing our eBay username back to Transformerland, as I further assume you will stop issuing VeRO strikes against fully-licensed items we post for sale on that platform, based on our new understanding.

Sincerely,
Time Traveller