Please help toy id. [Hard mode, no pics]

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Aardvark
Noob

Please help toy id. [Hard mode, no pics]

Post by Aardvark »

Heyo all
The internet has proven unable to help and I went through multiple permutations on the toy identifier on this site with no luck either. Hope someone out there has seen this

I played with it at my elementary school friend's house early 90s so I am going purely off of memory.
It was mostly red and white and transformed between a mecha-godzilla-esque shape and a jet/spaceship. I don't remember a humanoid form being part of it at all. It was probably 12 in at least because I had to hold it with two hands at the time.
When in dinosaur? form the most distinguishing thing was that you could open it's mouth to reveal a cannon weapon. I don't think could launch anything.
I feel like a couple of the starscream jets were close in silhouette to the jet form but I am pretty sure it wasn't that transformer

Anyway I know it's not much but I can try to dig in my brain to answer targeted questions
Thanks in advance
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Re: Please help toy id. [Hard mode, no pics]

Post by Ultra Magnus »

This era is difficult due to not only the advent of Power Rangers, but about a metric bajillion Power Rangers knock offs. It is clear you do not remember the exact year, which is cool, but any more specifics as to the time (like when the absolute latest it could have been) or on this item would be helpful.
Aardvark
Noob

Post by Aardvark »

Most likely 94 or 95.
I almost sure the head was red but the jaw was white or light grey. The cannon inside the mouth was white or grey. It was a very facetted model. Not organic or curvy.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Was it Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad Deluxe Drago?
https://www.transformerland.com/store/inventory/210310n/IMG_9111.JPG
Aardvark
Noob

Post by Aardvark »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I am literally blown away right now. No wonder I remember I being hard to learn to transform. It's two flipping aircraft stuck together.
Yeah that is exactly it.
Ty much. This has been bugging me for a couple of years.
Aardvark
Noob

Post by Aardvark »

Went back and redid some of my searches, nothing popped up. :) I am glad that is was more a fault of my searching technique rather than my ability to recognize.
That being said I still don't think I would have ever found it.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

I figured it was going to be one of the bajillion Power Ranger knock offs but TT beat me to the punch on looking it up.

And by that, I mean he pulled it up from memory whereas I would have had to actually do a few web searches (which I had not motivated myself to do yet). :lol:

I am glad you were able to find the answers you were seeking!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

I have to say I remember getting SSSS Drago and Zenon brand new when they came out, and they were incredible, despite me not being into Power Rangers/ tokusatsu at all. A fun fact is that the toys were actually developed by Takara (Japanese partner in Transformers), and just licensed in the US by Playmates. They're worth tracking down, with a Servo figure (even if Servo has no parts) to gain access to the Synchro and Phormo armored modes.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

with a Servo figure (even if Servo has no parts) to gain access to the Synchro and Phormo armored modes.
Yup those are definitely words.

I have no clue what they mean, but they are words.

And this is why I figured you would have the answer without the search. :lol: