Studio Series Brawn.

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Studio Series Brawn.

Post by Ultra Magnus »

It is official. I give up.

"Studio Series Brawn based on his 1980's appearance" is from the Bumblebee movie..... as in "1983"

The token Autobot in the '86 film line is a redo of the Titan's Return Perceptor with a permanent head.

But, they made a Brawn that looks like am insect in alt-mode....

I am tapping out. I have no further faith that remaining the Seasons 1 and 2 characters will ever get a deluxe or better CHUG+ release. It has been fifteen years now. I am going to let my existing pre-orders process. Then I am out.

No more of the "Well, that one is slightly better than the one I have. Might as well pick it up." No more, "Well, that is a mold flog in order to at least put something out for that character that is from an obscure comic. Might as well." Nor more "Well, I do like military vehicles and spy gear as the bulk of my Decepticons... might as well pick up that 15th Megatron also."

I am at the point where I am closing my collection. I no longer will budget for new Transformers. I have a list of less than 10 characters that I will buy only if the mold is damn near perfect. I will not settle for "Well, it is Cliffjumper... but he is a muscle car." I will not grab "hey that repaint of the 10th Jazz could be that character, and that Kup repaint without a target master accessory is kind of a horrible match for the missing target master character."

I will not even buy any more of that one character I literally have ever single one of.

I am done. I am out. I look forward to the BBTS email checking on me to make sure I am alright, and asking what happened to me.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: Studio Series Brawn.

Post by Time Traveller »

Damn dude... I kinda get it, but the deluxe scale minibots you're wanting may still happen. I doubt it's likely enough that they will happen in a given wave that it's worth budgeting for, but we might see a deluxe G1-CHUG Brawn or the others. After all, we did just finally get a proper Huffer/Pipes/Puffer/Hipes!
As for not buying the next version of that one guy, the Core class one looks like ass, so I can't say I blame you.
But, far be it from me to tell you how to spend your money, as long as you'll still come here to complain about plastic robots with us :lol:
Also, it beats the hell out of me why they're just NOW getting into all these Bbee movie figures. It's bad enough it took them like 3 years to get the main villains (Shatter & Dropkick land & modes, and Blitzwing) out, but unless we're going to see more of the Cybertronian designs in ROTB, it seems strange to dedicate a couple waves of Studio just to that. If there WILL be more of those Cybertronian bodies in ROTB, release them with ROTB product? Granted, there aren't many characters from the first 5 who still needed new toys.
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Re: Studio Series Brawn.

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Hey, it is nice that they are doing Insecticons, or at least one for sure. I just do not see spending $25 for a Shrapnel that is minus the chrome, but has a bendy elbow when I got the TRU G1 reissue three pack 10 years ago for the same price. I am not a completionist. I do not "gotta catch them all." I just realized that I have so many figures that are of characters to whom I feel no connection.

While I have a ton of U-Mag figures, I also have enough of the same characters being repeated that most of his trailers are full. Most of those were from "Hey, that is great looking in bot mode, but the new one actually has a near identical bot mode and the alt mode more honors my memory." And the only reason I have been in this long, evaluating the same characters has been just because I have been watching for a handful of characters to be released.

My youngest son was in kindergarten when I started down this road, just picking up some childhood memories. He is due to get his BS in marine biology in 6 months. I think it is time to put the funds elsewhere.

As for hanging out. I intend to. I am waiting to hear your thoughts on that show I told you about!