Legacy series

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

floyd012010
Noob

Legacy series

Post by floyd012010 »

I have seen several of the Legacy series transformers in the local Wal mart stores. I am considered old school G1 I guess and I really liked the figures from the first two live action movies. The siege series and earthrise figures were also very nice IMO. I was never a huge fan of the beast wars figures since I was getting older and after the 86 movie all my favorite characters had met their doom. Still there were some nice figures to come out of that last couple seasons tho. Loving these studio series figures especially the 86 series from the movie which were G1 figures. The legacy figures just doesn't have the look that I like and only a few figures that are recognized by name. They are out there tho and very few of the kingdom figures did I wind up with but I am still enjoying the studio series stuff.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: Legacy series

Post by Time Traveller »

The Kingdom/SS86/some Legacy figures look great together. I feel like KD/SS took care of most of the '86 Movie cast pretty well, but there are still a couple tricklers winding up in Legacy or Generations Selects that might suit your tastes! I'm way into the Gen Selects toy-colors Cyclonus. Fantastic mold, and the rich purple and blue color scheme just really does it for me!
floyd012010
Noob

Post by floyd012010 »

I have picked up a few more SS figures lately. Got a small list of power of the primes and combiner wars figures that I am looking at. Just a couple of the legacy figures look ok to me, the blaster looks good and the galvatron looks good too. I have got another shelf going up soon so maybe I can spread my figures out a little better. Got to figure out how to post some pics on here. I picked up a nice takara reissue Megatron back in August. It had been opened but it was complete and nice. Wanted one I could take out of the box. Also picked up the earth rise pit of judgement too.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Blaster and Galvatron are both solid picks, mold-wise! Some Galvatrons sold in Kingdom packaging had an issue with misassembled shoulders, which is fixable, but the Legacy one avoids that entirely. Blaster is a great figure, and totally blows the Titans Return one out of the water. Plus, he's compatible with the same size cassettes as Siege Soundwave (and all subsequent), so if you get into those guys there's a lot of compatibility.