G1 Thrust restoration question

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

gentlemanmonkey
Noob

G1 Thrust restoration question

Post by gentlemanmonkey »

I have a complete G1 Thrust with all accessories, manual, card, etc... The problem being that the previous owner apparently dropped it on the right rear side leading to the right foot being slightly broken at the hinge, as well as the right tail fin being superglued in, assumed broken. Given that the set is complete (no box tho) would it be worth fixing this? I am planning this for sale.
Further question would be what would the max cost to sink in to fixing it given that I have no idea how much cost was sunk in because this was acquired 20+ years ago
Thanks in advance
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Re: G1 Thrust restoration question

Post by Time Traveller »

Well, the good news is that most of his value is tied up in the accessories. Depending on your confidence in doing some light disassembly, you could get a body-only with an unbroken foot (and maybe a missing canopy, for example), and exchange the foot by removing the snapped-on jet exhaust and unscrewing the leg halves. This may require removing the leg to get at the inward-facing screws by removing the two body screws in the chest (behind the wraparound waist stickers) and one in the crotch. If the chest stickers cover the screw holes, you can probably carefully peel them back with a thin knife tip without much damage, and use ordinary school glue stick to put them back when done. The tail fin isn't an expensive part either, but depending on the amount of super glue, it might be easier to replace the whole outer half of the leg with that of your junker body.
We currently have Thrust junker bodies listed on our store for between $3 and $8, with some tail fins around $6.
https://www.transformerland.com/store/t ... ame=thrust