20th Anniversary Prime

Discuss any and all Transformers toys and merchandise here, from G1 to Kingdom and beyond!

Moderator: Jose

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

20th Anniversary Prime

Post by Time Traveller »

I finally got mine last evening, after saving up for a while. Definitely worth the $70. I can't quite describe the sheer will of coolness he radiates...i only wish the US. wouldv'e got the long stacks version. oh well. the matrix light is brighter than the headlights on my mom's van... another thing, i wonder why it says 5+ on the box, i'd figured it would have a higher age limit, like 10+. lol. i can also see why it costs so much to import. he weighs like 5 pounds!
anyone else picked up one of these? whatcha think?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Grrr! No, but can I borrow yours until I can find him at my local TRU?

Please? You'll be my best friend ;)
Transmaster

Re: 20th Anniversary Prime

Post by Transmaster »

I agree short stacks was little disapointing, but still very cool in his own way.
I shopped around before I bought mine. I wanted to find the one I liked the best.
That sonds strange I know, but I got him with the black ion-blaster. Not the grey
it was never grey. Black is the way to go.[/quote]
mister roboto

Post by mister roboto »

i am finally gonna go on a toy run to look for a 20th prime here in washington, i haven't been on one in a while because of school (finals week here at UW), i believe the cheapest price for it is $63.00 at walmart so if anyone is still looking for one try walmart stores. (also the walmart one comes with an exclusive optimus prime poster!)

congradulations on your purchase time traveler! hopefully i can get mine soon.
Suprez

Post by Suprez »

Hi guys,

I got hold of mine just over a week ago here in Australia. I picked him up at Target for $140. I also made sure mine had the black Ion Blaster, the Grey just doesnt seem right. Agree with you all that he is pretty cool. So heavy and took me a while to transform him into Truck cab mode.

One problem with him though. Hes too tall when standing!!!!!! So I cant stand him up straight in my display case. Ive had to make do with him sitting on the trailer of a my G1 reissue Prime. :P

Tom
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

trance, you mean to say i'm not your best friend now? i'll tell ya what. when we get that trade done, i'll be your best friend and even come over and bring that prime with me. :wink: yeah, i got the black ion blaster too.
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Time: Ok, well, you'll be my....even more bester friend :) I actually recently secured one from eBay (eeewww...but I had to break down and do it as Gainesville is probably the last place in the US...maybe even the entire industrialized planet...for new figures to reach). We only started seeing Smokescreen a few weeks ago :cry:

Suprez: is that $140 US dollars? or Australian dollars? :shock:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Park Falls is the last. i think our crappy pamida just got those crappy deluxe armada primes. oh wait, that was christmas. they haven't bothered to get a shipment since. the worst part is, all of northern wisconsin is dead. i drive over an hour until i reach a city worth shopping in.
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

20th Annaversary Prime

Post by Galvatron »

Just got mine today! I spent $80 at TRU here in Oregon.
Awsome item with the black Ionic blaster, large axe, matrix, and a Megatron in gun mode!
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i don't know where else to put this picture, but it was just too much fun to leave out. not to mention paradoxical.
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i was playing around with alternators poses

"A troubled leader"
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Hey, TT, i like your piece "A Troubled Leader"--has a kind of artistic feel to it. (Although Prime looks really huge next to Smokescreen and Sideswipe, compared to the G1 cartoon and toys... i like the idea of TFs being to scale, though, which G1 never really was, so i'll get used to this.) But your Targetmaster Megatron with Megatron--the irony! Sheer brilliance!

Not to look gift horsepower in the motormouth, though, but... can you get a clearer image of the Megatron shot? (With a clearer image, maybe i wouldn't have to ask this next question...) What happened to your G1 Megatron's forearm cannon, anyway?

One other thing, to everyone who needs to hear it--and i may not be the first to say it, but i'm gonna say it anyway. After all, given a choice, who would choose a less accurate Optimus (gray rifle and/or truncated stacks) if the correct version (black rifle and full stacks) cost the same? So don't think there's anything wrong with it or weird about it if you want to get things right or as close to it as possible. (Don't think there's anything wrong with weird, either, for that matter.)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

sorry, man, i have a crappy digital camera, that's what's up with megs. i'll try a retake. his forearm cannon is removable, and i did so to emphasize the mini-megatron as his weapon. i've been trying to come up w/ another alternators scene, but sideswipe can't kneel! dang.
oh, and might i refer you to my image "Collision:" in the cool unicron pose thread. that was fun :wink:
Magnumtron

Post by Magnumtron »

I was recently at the Waxahachie, Texas Wal-Mart and they already have the 20th Anniversary Prime on clearance for $20!!!! YES $20!!!! Of course I got it back when it first hit the shelves and paid $86 at TRU, live and learn I guess.

Post by Guest »

$20? Dang! I got mine for $55 shipped from eBay and I thought that was good. He ended up not being the Japanese version either, but he's still bad-ass. But that's odd he's only $20 since they sell crummy plastic energon figures for more than that!
Magnumtron

Post by Magnumtron »

Yeah it knocked my socks off when Isaw it and its the only WalMart doing it. Go figure
SMASH

Post by SMASH »

I got one too, the Takara version. Don't like Hasbro's "damage" effects, and I like the stacks longer. And of course there's also the cardboard trailer!
I don't have the black gun though, mine is grey.... :( I'll try to get in on Ebay.

But this is one freakin' awesome Optimus!!! 8)
Love the details too. I have mine positioned like he's battling the seeker jets, and talking to Bumblebee on his com link.
Don't have a clue why Starscream is on the other comlink though....
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

i thought about that, and then i decided not to question it. maybe starscream is actually a double agent, that's why he's always trying to off megatron. interesting theory, but no... yeah, the damage doesn't look right. oh well.
Chris
Decoy

Post by Chris »

Hey, i just thought of something...

on ebay in ten or so years, if someone decides to sell their Masterpiece Optimus Prime, how can they rate it as c-10? I mean, he already DOES have battle damage...
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

Done.
i don't know man. that and they made so many of em that noone will want an open one when they can have a sealed one