OTFCC 2004

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

trance
Site Admin

OTFCC 2004

Post by trance »

OTFCC 2004 is coming soon, is anyone here planning to go?

Does anyone have any news or info about it? I've been so busy around here I haven't had time to read up on it. I preregistered for it at last year's convention. I'm still debating whether or not I should be a dealer this year, I don't even know if it's too late :)
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

It makes my circuits sizzle that i can't go! But worse than missing OTFCC 2004 will be missing BotCon 2004--the LAST BOTCON EVER.

No, they're not the same thing--i learned this from BotCon.com. As i understand it, Hasbro has "taken over" BotCon and renamed it the Official TransFormers Collectors' Convention (OTFCC). (Why change the name? BotCon is a uniquely awesome name in that, even while following the boring old formula of "[name-of-the-thing-they're-fans-of]Con(vention)", it also refers to the shorthand names of the Transformers armies.) So the BotCon people are going to have one last BotCon to remember what it's like to celebrate Transformers on their own terms, instead of on Hasbro's (most likely self-promotionally commercial) terms.

Which is not to say i wouldn't enjoy OTFCC, or that any of you shouldn't; just that i'd give a slight preference to BotCon.

Whoever's going to either/both, have fun, and tell us everything!
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

Yeah, I've been going to Botcon since 1998. It seems like the number of attendees doubles each year :) Recently there was some kind of falling out between the 3 guys running the operation. All I know is that OTFCC 2003 (the first OTFCC) was a huge let-down. There were way too many people, and the whole thing was as disorganized as I've ever seen it.

There were no dinner exclusives as there usually are--only exclusive dinner plates which they didn't even have ready to give out at the dinner. In fact, they still haven't even sent them out. I kinda want to go this year as a dealer to get a chance at trading with other dealers before the general admission lets in.

In any event, hopefully this year's will run more smoothly