Transformers quotes

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Rhymus
City Commander

Transformers quotes

Post by Rhymus »

Wanna see a geek? i'll show you a geek...

This is just an idea i've had rattling around in my head... well, pretty much since i found this place. It's a pretty simple idea--just post your favorite Transformers quotes. Someone else post some so i don't look like such an idiot. Here are some of mine (i was going for a Top Ten thing, but i went over):

"Me, Grimlock--badass!"
--Grimlock, quoting Kup in agreement with Kup's assessment of Grimlock's attitude (Transformers DreamWave comics, The War Within, issue 5)

"Go stick your head in a black hole!"
--Kup (Transformers: Generation 1 American cartoon, The Rebirth)

K: "That's a ship?"
HR: "Who cares? As long as it flies!"
--Kup and Hot Rod (Transformers: The Movie)

HR: "Hey, I wasn't worried for a microsecond."
A: "Then you probably didn't understand the situation."
--Hot Rod and Arcee (Transformers: The Movie)

"Everyone loses if there's nothing to win."
--Erector (Transformers: Generation 1 toyline packaging)

"The least likely can be the most dangerous."
--Bumblebee (Transformers: Generations 1 and 2 toyline packaging)

"Why'd I have to be the chosen one?"
--Rodimus Prime (Transformers: Generation 1 American cartoon... Five Faces of Darkness, i think)

"We won."
--Beachcomber (Transformers: Generation 1 American cartoon... Electrum, i think)

"I've got better things to do tonight than die!"
--Springer (Transformers: The Movie)

UM: "Did you get your questions answered?"
OP: "Yes... And every answer led to a bigger question."
--Ultra Magnus and Optimus Prime (Transformers: Generation 1 American cartoon, The Rebirth)

"To know others you must know yourself first."
--Goldbug (Transformers: Generation 1 toyline packaging)
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
--Rhymus (also known as STARS Commando 539, also known as transit)
Galvatron
Decepticon Commander

quotes

Post by Galvatron »

UNICRON-I have summoned you here for a purpose.
MEGATRON- Nobody summons Megatron!
UNICRON- Then it pleases me to be the first
(TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE)

IRONHIDE- Leaking lubracants!
(MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE pt.1)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

DUDE... that "better things to do tonight" quote is one of my favorites.

"That was good."
--Devastator, after a climactic ambush (Transformers: Hardwired)

"Roger me! Wilco me! Anything! Hello! Hello! Earth?"
--Jazz, the movie

"A cursory evaluation of Decepticon capability indicates a distinct tactical deficiency"
--Perceptor, the movie

"What's shakin'? Other than this fortress..."
--Blaster, the movie

"Spare me this mockery of justice!"
--Kranix

"I have nothing BUT contempt for this court!"
--Hot Rod's coolest line 8)

and i think this one goes without saying:

"Autobots, transform and ROLL OUT!"

(hey cool, my 100th post :P )
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

"KREMZEEK!"
--Kremzeek, from the G1 cartoon titled "Kremzeek"

hey, congrats on the 100th post...If you had a rank other than site admin, what would it be?
trance
Site Admin

Post by trance »

oh, you'd be a Powermaster :)

So Powermasters are better than Targermasters? I guess there are fewer of them, so they're more special ;)
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

yeah, and they're bigger, and there's more japanese-toys-we-didn't-get. that tells me they're cooler. besides, would you rather have a gunbarrel come out of your back, or eat tons of food to feed a transformer, and not gain a pound? :wink:
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

DEAD TOPIC REVIVAL
this one is too much fun to waste.

"I find your bargaining position highly dubious."
--Unicron, TFTM

"Open! DAMNIT, OPEN!"
--Ultra Magnus, TFTM

"MwuhahahahaHAHAHAHA"
--Megatron, all the time

"Ba-weep-gra-na-weep nini-bon. It's a universal greeting."
Illidan the demon hunter, Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. I almost died when I heard this one.
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

Executioner: "What say you - Guilty, or Innocent?"
Imperial Magister: "Innocent!" - Quintesson head shed and executioner, TF the Movie. Cue Demoltion Derby.
"That which does not kill you will only lead to your eventual demise at an old age from a related series of complications."
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

"We're gonna give them a HUMUNGOUS repair bill!"
-Hot Rod, about said demolition derby

"Ooops... 'scuse me."
-Slag, when the dinobots show up
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

I'm sorry, but as stated in the first post... "Wanna see a geek, I'll show you a geek."

You guys have done just that. How do you remember so many quotes of the like? Honestly, I don't remember much of anything besides my own antics in the world. Of which develop their own quotational significance.

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

don't lie. you know more than a few monte python quotes. :wink:
Challoner
Targetmaster

Post by Challoner »

"This, is an Ex-Parrot"
"That which does not kill you will only lead to your eventual demise at an old age from a related series of complications."
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Time Traveller wrote:don't lie. you know more than a few monte python quotes. :wink:
^
\
\
\_ _ _ _ _Only quotes I know are the ones I can push a button to get... like this.

"COME BACK 'ERE AND GET WHAT'S COMIN' TO YA, YOU YELLOW BASTARD!"

There is nothing more dreadful than imagination without taste. ~Wolfgang von Goethe
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Go stick your head in a black hole, Aanallein! NI! ;)

Just kidding. Although, if you do stick your head in a black hole, let us know if they really are one-way wormholes through the fabric of space and/or time.

As for quotes, sometimes it's just easier to memorize (sometimes i even memorize without trying) a catchy phrase to express an opinion you often give (to different people or the same people over and over again) instead of trying to come up with a new way to say it every time. Also, if it's clever enough, it'll stick in people's minds better, and make them think about it more, and hopefully thinking about it will make them come around to your point of view.

"What I told you was true... from a certain point of view. / You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." --Obi-Wan Kenobi, *Star Wars: Episode VI--Return of the Jedi*

Additionally, quotes show that, whatever opinion you're trying to express, you're not the only one to have had it. They're also good for introducing some of your interests into a conversation when those topics might not have come up otherwise. (Imagine: "Hey, I know that line! You like [whatever], too?" or "That's a pretty cool saying... What's it from?) i sprinkle my conversation with quotes from all over--movies, TV shows, books, comics... Speaking of which:

This is from a comic strip called "Baby Blues" (FYI, i looked this up, although i'm trying to memorize this one): A group of parents are talking about education, and one father, Darryl, quotes, "It's not what's poured into a child, but what is planted that counts." One of the others reacts, "That's lovely, Darryl! Was that Shakespeare?" "Churchill?" guesses another. "Aristotle?" "Twain?" "Voltaire?" Darryl answers, "Chuckie Finster, Rugrats episode #6,412." Last panel, Darryl and his wife have been abandoned by the other parents, and Darryl protests, "What?? It was a good saying!", to which his wife replies, "Yeah, well, if you want people to take you seriously, I wouldn't go around quoting cartoon characters."

Obviously i agree with Darryl's tactics, not his wife's. (And by the way, although i accurately quoted Darryl, i haven't confirmed that he--or the authors of the strip in which he is a character--correctly quoted Chuckie or correctly cited whence came the quote.)

Anyways, i'm always on the lookout for good quotes, and i spread them where they seem appropriate. This seemed like a good place for the ones i get from Transformers. Such as this one, which i forgot to include with my first batch:

"SURRENDER, OR I'LL MATRIX YOU! I WILL!"
--Optimus Prime Time Traveller, the 'Cool Unicron Pose' thread

i'd also like to applaud all the other excellent quotes put to this board, and add a few more:

A: "Did we have to let them detonate three-quarters of the ship?"
S: "Seeing as how they would have detonated four-quarters, I think it was a good choice!"
--Arcee and Springer, TFTM

"I belong to nobody!"
--Megatron/Galvatron, TFTM

And i think this one goes without saying:
One shall stand; one shall fall; and the one who stands shall help the one who falls to stand once again.
Rhymus
City Commander

Post by Rhymus »

Oh, yeah, and regarding that Headmaster/Targetmaster/Powermaster business with Time Traveller, if i may refer everyone to "A Refugee of Forums Gone", our good Autobot Admin's entry on the "User Info" board...?
Aanallein
Alternator

Post by Aanallein »

Well now. I have come back with information on the woderific black holes!

The conclusion isn't good. I have found that it really does go one way and that this post is happening sometime in the not too recent future. I have been teleported to another dimension, and in hopes that this site that has now crashed in the future still will hold my post in an attempt to contact you all.

Oh yeah... it causes shrinkage too.... not recommended to try.