Transformers 2 (SPOILER MINEFIELD)

Discuss transformers cartoons, comics, movies, upcoming TF events and conventions, etc.

Moderators: Time Traveller, Kup

Time Traveller
Father Time (Admin)

Post by Time Traveller »

The reason Scott McNeil (Dinobot, Rattrap, Silverbolt, etc) wasn't tapped is because he's a Canadian, and the movie production was hollywood. It's rare to haul in voice actors from that far.
Banzai-Tron
Martial Arts Warrior

Post by Banzai-Tron »

Time Traveller wrote:The reason Scott McNeil (Dinobot, Rattrap, Silverbolt, etc) wasn't tapped is because he's a Canadian, and the movie production was hollywood. It's rare to haul in voice actors from that far.
Especially on such a shoestring budget! :lol:
Ultra Magnus
Big Daddy

Post by Ultra Magnus »

Banzai-Tron wrote:
Time Traveller wrote:The reason Scott McNeil (Dinobot, Rattrap, Silverbolt, etc) wasn't tapped is because he's a Canadian, and the movie production was hollywood. It's rare to haul in voice actors from that far.
Especially on such a shoestring budget! :lol:
Nah, there are tons of notable voice actors that actually live in L.A. (like Tom Kenney a.k.a. Spongebob). No point in paying for Scott McNeil to come in and make an ass of himselff, when Tom Kenney is right down the street.

Hell, Futurama is coming back to the air, and half of that original voice cast isn't returning, even though most of them are right in Hollywood. That isn't even a "re-imagineering" *cough* bastardization *cough*.
Dinobot
Warrior With No Equal

Post by Dinobot »

Yeah really.
R.I.P. Menasor
Rocktimus Prime
Powermaster

Post by Rocktimus Prime »

I finally got to go see the movie a couple of nights ago. It was terrific, but I left the cinema with mixed emotions. It's so odd, now can you love a movie so much and yet hate it with a passion?

The Transformers look cool, and the action is awesome. But the story bled me dry. And why so many threads? At least the first movie had three distinguishable arcs, where as this one seems more like the shotgun blast approach.

The Fallen character was unnessesary, but his old school plan of blowing up the sun was a nice touch. The Decepticons on a whole needed better attention, though. Less characters on their side, but up their worth to be around that of Ravage. Of any of the Decepticons in both movies, he has to be the most impressive. Effective and deadly, and is actual one of the only cons to complete his mission!

To be honest, I think his first scene should have been build up by about 20% and opened the entire movie. As it was, ROTF didn't start nearly as strongly as Transformers 1.

What happened to the twins? They were fighting Devestator, and then.... Dev is crawling from a quarry? While I'm there, what happened to Wheelie too? All three of these characters have their characters built up and are then just abandoned for shots of random cons and bots. I liked Jetfire though. He actually seemed to have a personality and backstory that didn't rely on exagerated stereotypes and buffonery.

I also like that Prime proves why he's the leader of the Autobots, and why no dirty con has managed to take him down. Even if he does die in the process. Not too fond of the 'super Optimus Prime' thing, though.

It's a shame that this movie will mostly be remembered as the one with the two dogs humping in it, though.